Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:07 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 Prototyping and Breadboard PCBs

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 06:59am 13 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

I have added two more boards to my repertoire.

They are both designed to work with the Colour Maximite-II and connect via a 40pin ribbon cable (Hint remember those old CD-ROM drive cables before Sata came along?)
Both boards have 2 LEDs (Red and Green) to indicate that your power rails are present.

I have on my >>> Web Site <<<  some sample pictures  

And a quick quide may be found >>> HERE <<<

The first board is the CMM2-Breadboard adapter.
This is designed to connect up to a standard breadboard and unlike other boards I have seen, only take up one column of each side of the bread board as shown here:

The second board is the CMM2-Prototype PCB which is based on a `sea-of-holes' approach, for a more permanent solution, it breaks out all of the I/O pins of the Colour Maximite-II.

I have released these boards as freeware in line with the Colour Maximite-II, so feel free to make your own boards if you wish.

I currently have stock of both boards if you rather grab them from me instead.
All prices are in AUSTRALIAN Dollars.

Colour Maximite Prototype (larger board) $4ea

Colour Maximite Breadboard Adapter (Smaller Board) $2ea

Set of boards consisting of one of each type will be $5set

Postage, in Australia, will be a flat $2 irregardless of QTY purchased. I am happy to ship either of the Prototype or Breadboard adapter overseas for $4 flat rate.

Headers and other components available via request, please PM or email me at bigmick58@bigpond.com

Here are the Gerber files for those wanting to make their own.

CMM2 Prototyping Board.zip

CMM2 Breadboard Adapter.zip

Kind Regards,

Mick

bigmick58@bigpond.com
Edited 2020-07-13 17:05 by bigmik
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

thwill

Guru

Posted: 11:24am 13 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

They look very nice.

Mick. I've been somewhat sidetracked from hy H/W plans by the arrival of the CMM2, but when I manage to escape from the software I know where to come ...

... alternatively when the time comes, would it be possible for me to throw you some $ so you could hand-hold me through ordering some to be made myself from your Gerber's, it is a skill I would like to acquire.

Regards,

Tom
Edited 2020-07-13 21:28 by thwill
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:42pm 13 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mick--as they say, "Awesome!". Thanks very much.

Tom--Download bigmik's gerber zip files, Browse to jlcpcb.com, click "QUOTE NOW", click "Add Your Gerber File" and navigate to gerber zip file, e.g., breadboard, click "Add to Cart", Do what's needed to register or sign in,  click "Add to Cart", click "Add New Item" and navigate to gerber zip file, e.g., prototype, scroll past image and change number of boards to 10 (since it's only a dollar more on the second PCB), click "Checkout Securely", enter shipping & billing info, use "More" to change to cheapskate slow-boat shipping if desired, click "Pay Directly" and "Pay", do what's needed to pay.

Thanks again, Mick
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 01:46pm 13 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Thwill,

lizby beat me to answer,

Yes as he stated above, however I don’t think they are offering the cheaper postage at the moment, but then that may have changed..

I recommend getting them done in 1.2mm as I think the 1.6 is a bit thick, but then that’s up to you..

I hope you enjoy them

Regards,

Mick

lizby
Guru

Posted: 02:07pm 13 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmik said  I don’t think they [JLCPCB] are offering the cheaper postage at the moment, but then that may have changed..

Changed for the worse (you have to click "More" to see the cheaper shipping)--slow boat shipping is now $5 more than it was about a month ago, and only $5 less than the faster shipping. Who do you recommend?

It took longer for me to write down the steps than it took to perform them--a very quick process when you have zipped gerber files ready to go.
Edited 2020-07-14 00:09 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

thwill

Guru

Posted: 02:39pm 13 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank you Mick & Lizby.

Mick, do you have a "contribute" link for your beer & wine fund? I don't want to be stealing the bread from your mouth by getting them made up myself, but given it's something I hope I will need to do for my own designs in the future I'm going to take this opportunity to dip a toe; with the added bonus that what I get delivered is likely to be useful, instead of my incompetent copper scribblings on a piece of coloured fibreglass.

Cheers,

Tom
Edited 2020-07-14 01:39 by thwill
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 10:41pm 13 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello all,
I've got a brace of both of these now. I bought them from Mick because I wanted them straight away and his prices are basically at cost.
The "Breadboard Adapter" is more than that because it can be used to connect to circuits directly (I use one for Tassy Jim's circuit tester (see below) and another to connect to an HC-12 - where only four connections required).

Great for connecting the CMM2 to the outside world.

Andrew

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 02:35am 14 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GDay Tom, All,

thwill said  Thank you Mick & Lizby.

Mick, do you have a "contribute" link for your beer & wine fund? I don't want to be stealing the bread from your mouth by getting them made up myself

Thank you Tom, the offer is generous but I have decided to release them as freeware to go part way to paying forward for the works of Geoff and Peter for their tireless efforts on all things Micro/Maxi Mite.

IF you wanted to sell them commercially, I would accept a small gratuity towards beer (and as I get older prescription medications), although as I have released them as freeware I couldn't demand any payment anyway but for private use I am happy that you are happy.

I am sure there will be those that decide to buy them directly from me so don't fear that I am going to go broke.

Kind Regards

Mick

Edited 2020-07-14 12:36 by bigmik

capsikin
Guru

Posted: 02:35am 21 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

These look like they'd be great for wiring in an arcade joystick and buttons, or attaching half of a SNES Classic controller extension cable to add an extra nunchuck port.

Or you might be able to connect up a 9 pin socket so you could plug in an old Atari or Commodore joystick.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024