Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:46 07 Aug 2020 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 - Is A Logitech Attack 3 Joystick Any Use

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 04:42am 31 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,
I have a Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (bought for Flightsim years ago).
It is USB, has 10 buttons (1= trigger) and trim up/down.
Is it likely to be of any use with my CMM2 - even by breaking out the data lines?

Cheers,

Andrew

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 06:36am 31 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It doesn't look like it's a hybrid so my Arduino converter from a few weeks ago will be of no use.

If you can dismantle it, there might be something you can use.
The pots might be good old style pots and if so, it will be easy to interface it to the next Arduino converter I am working on.

I just found some info about it. It looks like the joystick uses optical sensors so you have some work to do.
A micromite will be a good starting point.

The buttons should be no problem.

Jim
It all started with the ZX81....
VK7JH
http://www.c-com.com.au/MMedit.htm

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 01:11am 01 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Jim.
I think I have an older. and simpler, one somewhere. I'll dig it out and see what pots it has.
With all the NunChuk work that shedders are doing I might just invest in one.
Cheers,

Andrew
Edited 2020-08-01 11:12 by Andrew_G

mclout999

Posted: 07:08pm 01 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Andrew_G said  Hi,
I have a Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (bought for Flightsim years ago).
It is USB, has 10 buttons (1= trigger) and trim up/down.
Is it likely to be of any use with my CMM2 - even by breaking out the data lines?

Cheers,

Andrew

If you are willing to undertake a bit of a tedious endeavor you can by a cheap WII classic controller and remove the PCB and the attached cable and wire the button and analog inputs on from the Stick to that WII classic controller you could just plug in the resulting Frankenstein's Moster's JOYSTICK in and use the build in WII functions of MMbasic.  I did this long ago to make a custom DIY Fighting stick for my WII.(I can not find the damn thing now as I have not used it in a long time) The only sticking point(unintentional Pun here. I don't approve of intentional ones)  would be the values of the analog variable resistors used in the stick. If they are not very similar values to the ones in the Classic you might have to do something to match the values for that stick to properly register input. (Edit: I did not need the analog inputs now that I think of it) I got lucky in the case of that fighting stick.
Edited 2020-08-02 05:22 by mclout999

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2020