Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:02 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Quest for a TUI Library

Page 2 of 2    
lizby
Guru

Posted: 11:40pm 05 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

JohnS said  Oh, OK, but that doesn't seem to fit with the reason stated in the original post for this thread.

Flip's framework is definitely a Text User Interface, so it seems to me to fit the thread. It was written for DOS (and the screenshot is from DOS), but there's no inherent reason why the framework cannot be adapted for the CMM2, with adjustments (among which is the switch from characters to pixels for screen resolution).

The screenshot is a markup for a TUI for an application (debugger) for which it doesn't make sense to write to the device's actual console, so a VT100-based TUI seemed appropriate, and the framework does just fine. (And by the way, setting one variable, _comPort%, switches from console output (for fast testing) to VT100. If _comPort% is 0, output is to the console; if 1-9 to a serial port on the PC (and thence to a puTTY terminal).

The screenshot is just a markup, but it's a program-drawn markup, not hand-drawn. Scrolling of the program file works, adding and subtracting breaks works, including highlighting them in the listing window. Writing to Watch and Debug windows works. At least for DOS, I don't intend to make the program lister an editor--editing in Notepad++ makes for a very rapid turnaround.

Of course, the hard part is figuring out what hooks to put in the DOS MMBasic code, and implementing them. That should keep me occupied for a while.

Many thanks to flip for the framework he designed and posted.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024