Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:24 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : cmm2 video capture test

berighteous

Posted: 12:36am 23 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

ok, I got a cheap vga to hdmi converter and a hdmi to usb capture device for under $20 total.  Here's a test recorded with OBS.  Seems like the video is sharpened a little and it's dropping audio frames every once in awhile, but it's better than using the phone camera.   (and partly I don't know what I'm doing with OBS)

Link to Youtube Video
youtube compresses the crap out of it, but you get the idea.

herels the vga to hdmi thing on ebay

Capture thing on ebay
Edited 2020-09-23 10:42 by berighteous

berighteous

Posted: 01:01am 23 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks better uploaded to my facebook page click here to see it

It's such a crapshoot on these sites.  I can watch it one time and it's wonderful, then come back to the same link and it's fuzzy as all get out with the same internet connection.

JoOngle

Posted: 01:07am 23 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks really good.

elk1984

Posted: 07:21pm 26 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

berighteous said  ok, I got a cheap vga to hdmi converter and a hdmi to usb capture device for under $20 total.  Here's a test recorded with OBS.  Seems like the video is sharpened a little and it's dropping audio frames every once in awhile, but it's better than using the phone camera.   (and partly I don't know what I'm doing with OBS)

Link to Youtube Video
youtube compresses the crap out of it, but you get the idea.

herels the vga to hdmi thing on ebay

Capture thing on ebay

Looks really good.  Does anyone in the UK have an Amazon or eBay recommendation for a similar device?  I can see lots of devices that look like the one in the picture, but without any branding on the pictures it's hard to know I'm getting the right one.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024