Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:17 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : I just wanted to say

lew247

Guru

Posted: 03:46pm 30 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank you to everyone on the forum, it's one of the friendliest places online that I know.
I know I've driven a lot of you crazy with my posts asking for help with parsing and so on and I'd like to say I'm sorry.

Just to explain for those that don't know me, I'm 60yrs old, live in England, had serious medical issues in 2007, had brain surgery, the docs didn't expect me to survive and said I'd probably never have any kind of quality of life.

The main issue I have is forgetting things.
I have to basically learn from scratch again once I go back to something after a certain amount of time, such as MM Basic
While I can remember most of the useful things, the bits that elude and drive me crazy trying to figure out are anything to do with json/parsing and a few other things

The latest thing I've been working on is not working albeit in probably a really messy way and is probably a lot longer than it needs to be, but it works :) so I won't be bugging anyone for hopefully quite a while.

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 04:07pm 30 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am glad we could be of help to you, and may have enabled some joyfull moments (whenever something works, I always get a smile on my face, this must be similar for you) ...
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

lizby
Guru

Posted: 04:18pm 30 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

lew247 said  ... the bits that elude and drive me crazy trying to figure out are anything to do with json/parsing and a few other things

You should not feel bad about finding this stuff difficult. With some of your examples, with JSON and FIELD, the complexity is mind-boggling.

I enjoy seeing what you are trying to do, and find it instructive. Keep it up.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

romba6

Posted: 04:20pm 30 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I don't think you have driven any one crazy! I agree that this forum is wonderful and such a good place to learn. I don't, or mainly can't reply to many of the posts but I guess, like  so many others,  read with interest the varying topics and glean what I can. Much, e.g  the 3D graphics discussions and examples, go way over my head with the maths but I love the skill, expertise and camaraderie of those who develop them and provide us with great programs to help in our understanding and programming.  Keep with the challenges!!!

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 12:48am 01 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

People doing things or attempting to do things is always interesting. I haven't had a TV for 12 years now because I love learning and working with this stuff. I am also 60 and living in England (after 30 years in the US). I read pretty much every post except for game-related stuff because I can always learn or be reminded of something. Heck I have learned game-changing stuff from wildly off-topic posts  

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024