Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:42 21 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Scrolling Text Locks Up My System

toml_12953
Guru

Posted: 11:27am 01 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

In the Welcome Tape, the scrolling text program (scrolling-text.bas) locks up my system. I have b10 installed.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 11:36am 01 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

toml_12953 said  In the Welcome Tape, the scrolling text program (scrolling-text.bas) locks up my system. I have b10 installed.

Thanks Tom,

That is a known issue with all the 5.06.xx firmwares and is a result of a rejig of the CMM2's low-level graphics implementation.

At the moment I am waiting for a new "release version" of the firmware before I re-test everything and ask the contributors to help me fix any issues before releasing a Welcome Tape 0.5.1 (or 0.6).

Best wishes,

Tom
Edited 2020-12-01 22:24 by thwill
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

William Leue
Guru

Posted: 03:17pm 07 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It's a little bit frustrating having months of betas and release candidates but no "stable" version to latch onto. This is of course a side effect of Peter's incredible productivity and the amazing things he has crammed into the CMM2 firmware.

Still, it would be good to have a brief pause and for Peter to publish a version that is as bug-free as possible. And, in the best of all possible worlds, the documentation would catch up and match all the new features in the version!

Oh well, sweet dreams ore made of these.

-Bill

toml_12953
Guru

Posted: 04:10pm 07 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  
  toml_12953 said  In the Welcome Tape, the scrolling text program (scrolling-text.bas) locks up my system. I have b10 installed.

Thanks Tom,

That is a known issue with all the 5.06.xx firmwares and is a result of a rejig of the CMM2's low-level graphics implementation.

At the moment I am waiting for a new "release version" of the firmware before I re-test everything and ask the contributors to help me fix any issues before releasing a Welcome Tape 0.5.1 (or 0.6).

Best wishes,

Tom

As long as I'm reporting errors, I found one in the 3D section. I chose 3d football but it showed a soccer ball!

(This is a JOKE, people!)

thwill

Guru

Posted: 04:16pm 07 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

toml_12953 said  As long as I'm reporting errors, I found one in the 3D section. I chose 3d football but it showed a soccer ball!

@matherp please remove the US keyboard option to keep these philistines out.

Edited 2020-12-08 02:18 by thwill
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

mkopack73

Posted: 03:10am 08 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

William Leue said  It's a little bit frustrating having months of betas and release candidates but no "stable" version to latch onto. This is of course a side effect of Peter's incredible productivity and the amazing things he has crammed into the CMM2 firmware.

Still, it would be good to have a brief pause and for Peter to publish a version that is as bug-free as possible. And, in the best of all possible worlds, the documentation would catch up and match all the new features in the version!

Oh well, sweet dreams ore made of these.

-Bill

1) You can always just stick with the 5.05.05 release version...

2) it IS possible to check for the firmware version number in your program and say "This program requires firmware version X.Y.Z", or just run different routines for the different versions or whatever...  

Running the betas or RC's is ALWAYS going to be "at your own risk" because there's the possibility of things being broken.

Personally, I wait for release versions so I don't have to thrash on my code, plus I don't find myself having a ton of time to be flashing versions constantly...

LeoNicolas

Guru

Posted: 04:58am 08 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  
  toml_12953 said  As long as I'm reporting errors, I found one in the 3D section. I chose 3d football but it showed a soccer ball!

What kind of sport is Soccer? I never heard about it... I only know football, the sport played using the feet      

toml_12953
Guru

Posted: 10:39am 08 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

LeoNicolas said  
  thwill said  

What kind of sport is Soccer? I never heard about it... I only know football, the sport played using the feet      

In the US, a football sort of looks like a Rugby ball that went on a diet. American football has more rules than any other sport in the world! No one understands all the rules, least of all the referees. We can spend Sundays sitting on the couch in our underwear watching the game while eating pizza, sausages, tacos and other all-American foods and swilling vast quantities of foamy yellow water we call beer (as opposed to the European drink of the same name that actually has body and flavor)

William Leue
Guru

Posted: 04:45pm 08 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

American Football = violence and committee meetings.

-Bill

Paul_L
Guru

Posted: 09:38pm 08 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

toml_12953 said  
  LeoNicolas said  
  thwill said  

In the US, a football sort of looks like a Rugby ball that went on a diet. American football has more rules than any other sport in the world! No one understands all the rules, least of all the referees. We can spend Sundays sitting on the couch in our underwear watching the game while eating pizza, sausages, tacos and other all-American foods and swilling vast quantities of foamy yellow water we call beer (as opposed to the European drink of the same name that actually has body and flavor)

And we don't drive on the WRONG side of the road!    Paul in NY!!!  

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 11:47am 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Paul_L said  And we don't drive on the WRONG side of the road!    Paul in NY!!!  

Yes, we do admit you do drive on the Right (hand) side of the road   .
ChopperP

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024