Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:30 18 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : 2.8" TFT LCD Wall Display

MikeO

Posted: 02:25am 02 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I needed some wall displays and wanted them to match if possible power and switch outlet housings around the house. I have seen similar commercial housings used previously on the forum see here. I have a small milling machine so decided to experiment and this was the result. I used blanking wall plates and commonly available in Australia/NZ see, if you need more depth (or don't want to make a hole in the wallboard) there is a deeper mounting block that can be added see. The result is quite pleasing.

This pair of photos shows a 2.8" display mounted in a normal wall plate just 13mm deep. In this case a ESP8266 D1 Mini is driving the display but it could be micromite etc. For simplicity there is small slot outlet for the usb power lead for total surface mounting but you could also bring the power via the wall of course.

If you need more depth a mounting block can be added to the basic assembly to give you more depth.  

If anyone thinks this may help them and they have a Mill I can provide the Cad and Gcode files or alternatively would be open to milling some for you.

Mike
Codenquilts

palcal

Guru

Posted: 02:57am 02 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That's how I made mine but cut it out the slow way. It was originally Tassie Jim's idea.
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

poida

Guru

Posted: 04:17am 02 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That is a nice looking project.
UDP data flow.. nice and fault tolerant.
wronger than a phone book full of wrong phone numbers

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 07:48am 02 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

very nice.

Casing-up (for me at least) is always the hard part, which is why lots of mine end up looking like shoe-boxes with a plank sellotaped to it.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024