Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:36 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : ArmmiteF4 - Have I Partially Cooked It?

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 06:43am 05 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A gentle cry for help if I may?

I have a couple of ArmmiteF4s, with the standard 3.2"LCD (and a 9" Eastrising LCD - still in its box).
In trying out various flat cables from the 32 pin connector to the 3.2" LCD (to better access the pins) it has stopped working (no pfhut, no smoke but no work).
(It is quite likely that I have misconnected something within the 32 pin regime).

If I plug it in to a USB port, no noise from the PC and Device Manager no longer sees it. If I connect it to the STM32 boot loader (BT0 jumper in) it sees the USB and lets me download and verify the firmware. But with the BT0 to 3.3 jumper removed it doesn't see the F4 as a USB.

BUT if I use the Serial Console it sees it on a USB, MMEdit downloads MMBasic programs and the LCD panel works fine, including touch.

Is there any way I can reinvigorate the USB connection or do I just get used to using the Serial Console on this unit?

Many thanks,  

Andrew

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 09:52am 05 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I presume you have done OPTION RESET or KEY1 down at power up to get it back to default.
If PE4 had a permanent GND  then it would always startup on the Serial Console. What does OPTION LIST say when connected to the serial console? Does OPTION RESET make the serial console go away, but not give the USB console.

Regards
Gerry
Edited 2021-04-05 19:53 by disco4now
Latest F4 Latest H7

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 10:47am 05 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gerry,
Thank you, thank you, thank you (if that is enough . . .).

Key1 at power up did it! (I believe that I had already tried that but obviously I hadn't got the coordination right - very satisfying to hear the PC warble).
I haven't fully tested it but Device Manager and MMEdit now see it and the LCD is working so I'm pretty happy it is now good.

Clearly my playing around has upset it but not terminally.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024