Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:21 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Minor issue with MMEdit

Page 2 of 2    
robert.rozee
Guru

Posted: 09:35am 09 Jan 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Turbo46 said  This was the SYSTEM command I used:
  Quote          SYSTEM "C:\Users\mckiw\Documents\Micros\DOS Basic\mmbasic.exe asssa.bas"

QUIT

It stopped at the space after 'dos' with an error (don't remember it exactly [...]

try the below, note the extra SINGLE quote marks:
  Quote          SYSTEM "'C:\Users\mckiw\Documents\Micros\DOS Basic\mmbasic.exe' asssa.bas"

QUIT

this (single quotes around just 'DOS Basic') should also work:
  Quote          SYSTEM "C:\Users\mckiw\Documents\Micros\'DOS Basic'\mmbasic.exe asssa.bas"

QUIT

cheers,
rob   :-)

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 10:46am 09 Jan 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Rob, that may well work, although I don't know how. But I've moved on and removed the space in the path, put a copy of MMBasic.exe in the same folder as the BASIC files. My system command now is:

Quote          SYSTEM "mmbasic.exe asssa.bas"

QUIT

Having done that, I think it was working without the long path to asssa.bas anyway. Probably because it was in the same folder from which the system command was issued.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 03:12am 10 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jim,

In MMEdit 4, I was researching the #INCLUDE function and, while looking in the HELP file under 'Using MMEdit', I found a small typo. In the line near the bottom starting with:
  Quote  On devices with file systems, the file is uploaded as 'temp.bas'. If you hold ...

I think you may have mis-spelled 'Shift'.  

Bill

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 06:23am 10 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Turbo46 said  
I think you may have mis-spelled 'Shift'.  

Bill

I am surprised that the spell checker didn't find that!
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 04:58am 21 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jim,

Not really an MMEdit problem but I was searching for 'Clipclean', but couldn't remember its name and couldn't find it on my PC. Finally found it on the 'Forum upgrade' post, and then armed with the name, I found it on my PC.

I for one have found it useful and I was thinking it would be easier to find if it was on your website.

Bill

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 05:46am 21 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Turbo46 said  Jim,

Not really an MMEdit problem but I was searching for 'Clipclean', but couldn't remember its name and couldn't find it on my PC. Finally found it on the 'Forum upgrade' post, and then armed with the name, I found it on my PC.

I for one have found it useful and I was thinking it would be easier to find if it was on your website.

Bill

Will do.
Glad you find it useful

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 05:54am 21 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank Jim,

I do, because sometimes I type a post in the word processor before copying into TBS.

I hope you fixed that typo too. When first read it I had just come in from cleaning up after my dog and the mental image was not good.

Bill

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024