Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:14 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Armmite F4 Prototyping Boards

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 01:11am 11 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All

I was wanting a simple method of permantently connecting some of the F4's I/O pins to the outside world. Using strip board was a bit combersome & messy so I thought I might try to design a PCB or two.

After some stuffing around a bit & with a whole lot of help from @BIGMIK with the PCB's, I came up with the following boards which may be of interest to others.

It is intended that if the boards are too big, or bits get in the way, they can be cut to size as per some shown below.

Expander Board        Breadboard    (Panel) Height Enhancer

Expander Board:
This fits on either the left or right hand I/O pins & brings them out for easier access. The outside I/O pins are connected to the first three lots of holes & the inside row of I/O pins are connnected to the outside three lots of holes. I did it this way so if I only needed to use a couple of outside I/O pins, I could cut the board appropriately.

There are also to rails for power with a break in the outside one to correspond to the F4 3V3 & 5V pinouts for thius side of the baord. There is also stripline prototyping areas at both ends which can also be cut of if not needed.

Expander Board Fitted

Expander Board showing Socket

Breadboard.
This is an extension of the Expander Board but layed out similar to the ones for the CMM2 ans a normal breadboard.
This can either be used with a 50 way extension cable or can be fitted directly onto the I/O pins without modifications if the LCD panel is not used or modified.
If the LCD panel is required, the Height Enhancer board can be used as shown below.

The Height Enhancer is just a 1:1, F:M adaptor to raise the height of the LCD panel. It can be used either way around with care. Additional support would be needed for the other end of the panel.

I made up a 50 way cable it try the Breadboard out but I did find it quite combersome. The Dupont jumper leads were much more flexible.

NOTE: The F4 only has 48 (24x2) I/) pins. Care is needed using the standard 50 way plugs & sockets.

Breadboard with 50 Way Cable

Breadboard with Dupont Jumpers

Breadboard Monted on I/O Pins Roughly Cut to Fit Enhancer Board

Breadboard with LCD & High Enhancer Board

The Zipped Zipped Gerber files are shown here:-
Armmite F4_Boards.zip

Larger photos here:-
Armmite F4 Brds Photos.zip

I do have a number of each board available at a nominal price if anyone is interested.

Brian
ChopperP

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 05:54am 11 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Brian,
I will take a couple of the expander boards if I can.

Thanks
Gerry
Latest F4 Latest H7

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 06:26am 11 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gerry,

No worries. PM me with your details etc.

Brian
ChopperP

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024