Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:54 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2: Maxiterm new version and call for contributions

frnno967

Posted: 01:15am 12 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A new release of Maxiterm is available attached and on github.

Notable in this release is that Dave Van Wagner has written an Xmodem (128/Checksum) routine purely in MMBASIC and we plan to enhance it with 1K/CRC support in the near future with version 2.0. Eventually we hope for Ymodem/G support too.

We invite your comments and contributions and hope you'll give suggestions on how the program can be improved.

Note to Peter Mather, there may be a bug in the new GUI CURSOR support in the 5.07 beta firmware. When you turn on the blinking cursor (ALT-U in the program) you should see it flickering very quickly. It seems that every time GUI CURSOR SHOW is run that it momentarily re-draws the sprite that is being used as a cursor. It could be that my programming is just poor but if you could take a look to ensure that it's a problem on my end vs. the new firmware, it would be greatly appreciated. If you don't have a modem connected just do ALT-U and ALT-E for local echo.

Thanks everyone!

maxiterm 1.9.5.zip
Edited 2021-04-12 11:16 by frnno967
Jay Crutti: Ham Radio Operator, K5JCJ. Computer Enthusiast. Musician. Engineer.

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 08:32am 12 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi John,
I have updated CMM2.fun with the Maxiterm info...
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

frnno967

Posted: 12:56am 13 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I fixed a lot of bugs that inadvertently were present in the version 1.9.5 above. Please see this new archive:

maxiterm 1.9.5 revised.zip
Edited 2021-04-13 10:56 by frnno967

realbobele

Posted: 02:37pm 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I just may be missing something, but... how can I send the "@" Character with Maxiterm?

Greetings from Germany
Boris

frnno967

Posted: 03:30am 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

realbobele said  I just may be missing something, but... how can I send the "@" Character with Maxiterm?

Hello Boris. Here in the US we can just hit Shift-2 to get the @ character but if it's not working for you then you might have your keyboard set incorrectly. Try typing OPTION USBKEYBOARD DE at the command prompt then try Maxiterm after and see if that fixes it.

Thanks,
Jay

realbobele

Posted: 08:44am 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

frnno967 said  
  realbobele said  I just may be missing something, but... how can I send the "@" Character with Maxiterm?

Hello Boris. Here in the US we can just hit Shift-2 to get the @ character but if it's not working for you then you might have your keyboard set incorrectly. Try typing OPTION USBKEYBOARD DE at the command prompt then try Maxiterm after and see if that fixes it.

Thanks,
Jay

Thanks Jay  

I did already changing the Keyboard to the german layout. On german Keyboards the @ character comes with "Alt-Gr" and "Q". This does work on the prompt, but not in Maxiterm. As you often need to enter your eMail Adress to sign up on an BBS, this can be a problem.

Greetings
Boris

frnno967

Posted: 03:16pm 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

realbobele said  I did already changing the Keyboard to the german layout. On german Keyboards the @ character comes with "Alt-Gr" and "Q". This does work on the prompt, but not in Maxiterm. As you often need to enter your eMail Adress to sign up on an BBS, this can be a problem.

Very strange! I'm not stripping the ALT modifiers from the keyboard input so I don't know why this wouldn't work as expected. I'll try changing my keyboard to DE tonight and see if I can recreate the problem. As far as I know it's just taking whatever comes in via INKEY$, parses it for special key combinations to trigger the program functions, but then just prints the INKEY$ data to the screen and COM port via the CHAR_OUT$ passthrough. But I'll let you know what I find and thanks for the bug report!

-Jay

realbobele

Posted: 05:43am 20 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

frnno967 said  ... thanks for the bug report!
-Jay

Thank YOU for making Maxiterm  

frnno967

Posted: 12:09am 22 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello Boris. I believe the problem has been identified. Try out this version of Maxiterm in the same location as the normal maxiterm.bas and see if it solves the problem for you.

maxiterm DE.zip

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024