Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:56 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 Video - Into The Darkness (v0.1a)

MauroXavier
Guru

Posted: 11:14pm 02 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This video shows only a preliminary stage of development. I'm still working on the role-playing game, on the inventory of the characters, on new textures, on objects (such as clothes, armour, gloves, magic items, etc.), on the furniture of some stages, NPCs, backstory and much more.

Keep in mind that this game is made 100% in MMBasic and programmed almost from scratch. The performance isn't the main focus for now.

There is much more to come ...

The source code will be published as soon as the game can be considered relatively mature with some of the content that I consider indispensable for good gameplay.

Please, subscribe to my channel and share the video, it will help me a lot to grow and bring more and more content.

PS: This is the biggest video I have ever posted on my channel. As you can see, I'm recovered from COVID, thank God.

toml_12953
Guru

Posted: 12:44am 03 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

MauroXavier said  This video shows only a preliminary stage of development. I'm still working on the role-playing game, on the inventory of the characters, on new textures, on objects (such as clothes, armour, gloves, magic items, etc.), on the furniture of some stages, NPCs, backstory and much more.

Keep in mind that this game is made 100% in MMBasic and programmed almost from scratch. The performance isn't the main focus for now.

There is much more to come ...

The source code will be published as soon as the game can be considered relatively mature with some of the content that I consider indispensable for good gameplay.

Please, subscribe to my channel and share the video, it will help me a lot to grow and bring more and more content.

PS: This is the biggest video I have ever posted on my channel. As you can see, I'm recovered from COVID, thank God.

Sweet! I can't wait for a playable version! Glad you're recovered!

SimpleSafeName

Posted: 05:46am 03 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry to hear about you getting Covid, and I'm very glad to hear that you've recovered.

I just had my second shot, and I'm about worn out because of it. But it sure beats getting Covid...

I watched the video, very impressive!

Have you had a chance to play with the backpack that I sent you?

MauroXavier
Guru

Posted: 11:53am 03 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

SimpleSafeName said  Have you had a chance to play with the backpack that I sent you?

Yes! And I really enjoyed the device, I just found it a shame that the implementation of the main resources were done only by addressing ports, although this approach is understandable.

It would have been perfect if there was a dedicated BASIC with the commands already focused on the Parallax Propeller resources, I believe that if the project had focused on this it would have become a more publicly comprehensive platform.

To program in it I will need more time to develop some tests and see how far I can go.

Frank N. Furter
Guru

Posted: 06:40am 04 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Congratulation!!!    
It's really amazing!!! Can't wait to play it!      

Frank

lizby
Guru

Posted: 11:32am 04 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mauro--glad to hear of your recovery. Hope you continue to mend up to complete health.

That's a fantastic demo that you have published. I've never played first-person shooter games, so couldn't comment on the game play (if the game were available now), but your technological prowess in developing it on the CMM2 really shines.

Thanks for your contributions to showing off what the CMM2 can do.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Plasmamac

Guru

Posted: 06:45pm 05 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mauro ,

glad you are back from Covid.

i like your Demos and Games , gimme da Source !!!

gtx
Plasma

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024