Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:36 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Can anyone point me at the correct SMD fuse ?

Page 2 of 2    
phil99

Guru

Posted: 07:23am 08 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

C3518 is short for 2SC3518. Bipolar switching / audio transistor, From data sheet:-

Current Gain hFE = 100 to 400
VCE(SAT) = 0.09V (TYP.)
Absolut Max. Ratings
VCB0 = 60V
VCE0 = 60V
VBE0 = 7V
IC (DC) = 5A
Total Power Disipation = 2.0 W (TA=25C)

It could be used as a switch, switching regulator or linear reg.
There is a zenner diode (ZD302) near by, suggesting a linear reg. A circuit diagram is needed. If the PCB is only double sided you can trace that part of it your self, from the power socket to the 5V and 15V rails. Then we can be of more help.

Re fuse ratings. The marked current is the continuous operating current. The current at which it will blow depends on the type and time at the elevated current. Eg a tinned copper wire type will usually sustain 200% of rated current for 1 min.

Re power supply rating. If it is a transformer & rectifier type the marked current is the max. you can draw from it without over heating, not the max. it can deliver. A 300 mA unit may deliver up to 2 amps into a short.

Thus the exact fuse rating is not that important. The Goldilocks zone may be wide.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 03:38pm 08 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions, I've decided this one can go back on flea bay for someone more experienced to try their luck with; I was struggling to find a memory card for it anyway.

FYI with a new (1A) fuse installed it was drawing 0.85 A from my bench power supply and blowing the fuse (3 times) after about 5 mins.

Best wishes,

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024