Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:38 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Check if a sprite is showing on CMM2

rstcologne

Posted: 09:13pm 07 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

thanks for letting me join the forum. I just received my CMM2 a few weeks ago - really fun box -  and I'm trying to get to grips with the basic running on it. Last time I coded in basic was 1993 :-)

During my current tinkerings, I'm working with sprite collisions and I'm trying to hide a sprite if it collides with another one. However somehow the collision seems to be triggered even after hiding the sprite and if I try to hide a sprite a second time, an error is thrown.

So here's the question: Can I check if a sprite is active/shown or is there a sprite hide if shown function?

I have already checked the various manuals (Graphics Programming on the CMM2, Programming with the Colour Maximite 2, the user manual) and also searched here but so far I couldn't find it or missed it.

Cheers,

Richard

matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:42pm 07 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

SPRITE(X, [#]n) Returns the X-coordinate of sprite n. This function is only active when the sprite is currently displayed (active). Returns 10000 otherwise.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024