Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:39 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : WINDOZE: Permanently disable airplane mode?

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 10:44pm 16 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all.

I have an older gentleman client, who keeps managing to turn on Airplane mode - which kills his WiFi connection, and he can't get it back.

Oddly, when this happens, you CANNOT just click the plane icon in the system tray, and then click the WiFi tile again to re-enable the WiFi - you HAVE to do a full reboot before Windoze gives you that choice again.  I don't know why.

As this has happened about five times now, is there a way to PERMANENTLY disable the ability for the machine to EVER go into airplane mode?
Perhaps via a registry edit?

He never leaves the house, so there is never ever going to be the need to use Airplane mode, and it is just causing more trouble then it solves.

The usual method of turning off the Airplane mode "Switch" in settings is NOT working.
It works for that session, but three or four days later, he rings and says he has no internet, and it is ALWAYS that Airplane mode has been enabled, cos the little airplane icon is there in the system tray every single time I go to look.

So, anyone know how to completely disable airplane mode DEEPER DOWN then just the "Switch" in settings?  I want the ability to go into airplane mode totally disabled so it can never be enabled ever again, basically.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 10:50pm 16 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-airplane-mode-windows-10/fe15a04d-6655-40db-ba61-428aa06dace8

https://www.wikihow.com/Permanently-Disable-Airplane-Mode-on-Windows-10
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 11:06pm 16 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Excellent, thanks.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024