Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:23 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : VGAMite V5.07.00 alpha releases

Page 5 of 5    
Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 04:22pm 17 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CaptainBoing said  Mine don't register on Windows. Hold BOOTP down and apply power and you should see it in the STM32Cube Programmer

does it register?

Nope. I can't get it to be recognized at all, although the LED is pulsing so the processor is running.
I tried the above technique, I also tried holding down BOOTP then pressing and releasing NRST (as mentioned on various sites). A second board works fine, just as expected so I assume I'm doing *something* right.  :)  I suppose it'll come in handy for lining up the sockets for PicoMites...
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 10:10pm 17 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I guess I got too exited too early. I saw the VGAMite as an up to date 'practical' version of the original mono maximite - not meant for games and with a later version of MMBasic. When Peter made a PCB for it well...

Thanks anyway Peter, it was an interesting project.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

phil99

Guru

Posted: 10:50pm 17 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As Peter said all the important work is done, and has offered to make the source available to someone with the will and competence to finish it. Even if that doesn't happen they still make excellent embedded controllers as is. Much faster than the MX170.

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 11:01pm 17 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  they still make excellent embedded controllers as is. Much faster than the MX170.

That may be true but there are already known bugs and without any on-going support mine will find a home in my junk box.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 08:54am 18 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

+1

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 09:03am 18 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mine will probably end up with CircuitPython on it and doing something or other. I doubt if it will end its days completely unloved in a drawer. :)
Mick

Cyber

Posted: 06:38am 19 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mixtel90 said  If anyone would like me to continue with my little PCB for the Black Pill in the 90x70x28 case I'll be happy to do so.

I would be grateful!
I also would be ok if PCB turns out to be bigger size in the end.

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 07:37am 19 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As far as I'm concerned the PCB size won't change as I don't have another case to design a board for. :)

I find it fairly surprising that, out of all the plastic box designs that are out there, there are actually very few that a) suit this sort of project  b) are easily available anywhere  c) don't cost a fortune. I suppose the reason is that for commercial designs in quantity a custom box is very cheap. What we see on the market are either specially designed built-to-stock in relatively (only several hundred thousand in a production run) low quantities (expensive) or production overruns (to keep the cost down on sales of millions, hence cheap).

I'll get back onto the BP version once I've finally sorted out the current version of the PicoMite VGA one.
Mick

Page 5 of 5    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024