Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:25 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Picomite INKEY$ Bug? - For MatherP or TassyJim?

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 11:06pm 02 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,
I suspect a minor bug with INKEY$ (I'm not sure if this is for Peter or Jim)?
When MMEdit loads, Autosaves and Automatically RUNs a program the Console buffer appears to have an ASC(10) or Line Feed in it.
But when the same code is subsequently "RUN" it is empty, as expected.

Here is a test and its output:

'INKEY$_BUG.BAS
'
 PRINT "The next line should be . . .= 0|"
 DO
   PRINT "ASC value of INKEY$=";ASC(INKEY$);"|"
 LOOP UNTIL INKEY$ = ""

PRINT "Now RUN again."
END

> AUTOSAVE
Upload completed
Saved 213 bytes
> RUN
The next line should be . . .= 0|
ASC value of INKEY$= 10|
Now RUN again.
> run
The next line should be . . .= 0|
ASC value of INKEY$= 0|
Now RUN again.
>

Many thanks to you both - I just love MMEdit and the PicoMite.

Cheers,

Andrew
(I discovered it because an early DO/LOOP test of INKEY$ wasn't working as expected)

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 12:00am 03 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

By default, MMEdit sends a CRLF pair for end of line.
If you change it to a single CR, the issue will not be there.
Some versions of MMBasic work best with CRLF others with CR or LF.
You make the change in the Control Centre.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 12:10am 03 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Jim,
Fixed!

And how are you?

Cheers,

Andrew

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 02:59am 03 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You can also specify the line ending in the options line (first line a comment starting with '\target)
I must get more of the help file completed.

Re me.
12 months ago we ordered some shutters. We were told 12 weeks max.
After the 12 weeks I spent 3 months trying to find out where they had got to. Eventually I had a call from the CEO of their 'made to measure' portion of the business.
It still took another 5 months but finally we have shutters. We were given a generous discount to compensate but I prefers to get things done on time.
Now we can continue the renovations.

We ordered a new stove which will be here in August but the range hood might get here for Christmas. Another long wait with things half done.

We ordered a new benchtop as part of the reno and it was manufactured and delivered in 7 days. That's how things should happen.

I am really glad we purchased our EV when you could get one off the showroom floor or that would be another loooong wait.

As far as me, I am getting sick of the 'cut a bit out, found out that it wasn't enough, cut a bit more out and repeat'. I have been told that the next cut due in a few weeks is the last. After that it's chemical and nuclear warfare.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 04:22am 03 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks again Jim,

But as to the manual - you have other priorities. All the very best on that front.

On the renovation side of things. We demolished our house two weeks ago and the slab for the new house will be poured in about two weeks (several big holes to be dug first).
We purchased all the kitchen and laundry appliance about two years ago and they are 'said' to be in storage (free). Materials are going up daily and we cant get a fixed price on all of them - what a great time to be renovating or building.

Cheers,

Andrew

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 12:50pm 03 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TassyJim said  

As far as me, I am getting sick of the 'cut a bit out, found out that it wasn't enough, cut a bit more out and repeat'. I have been told that the next cut due in a few weeks is the last. After that it's chemical and nuclear warfare.

Jim

Yikes, this just gave me a wave of depression. Hang in there buddy and stay positive.
I have my fingers crossed for you  

Craig

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024