Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:53 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Potentially Dumb Question- Picomite VGA vs Picomite?

jwettroth

Posted: 07:09am 24 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm trying to follow all these proliferating mites.  Here is what I think I understand

The Picomite has a full featured basic and with 5.07.06 version has a robust file system.  The code in this version runs on one of the two pico processors and the second is essentially idle.

The Picomite VGA has the same basic language features as above but use the second processor and some port pins to implement a VGA output and a PS2 keyboard input.  The VGA and the KB run on the second processor so take up no resources from the main processor running the basic interpreter.

Is this correct?

Can I use the Picomite VGA and just not enable the KB and display and have a Picomite?

What is the "cost" in resources of the VGA version.  It sounds like there is no "cost" in terms of basic language execution speed.

Thanks for all you efforts all.

John
John Wettroth

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:42am 25 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just realized this thread has been answered - I did not spot the double-post.  
I'll lock this thread, to prevent people doing what I just did!
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024