Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:25 18 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Use of PicoMite pins

foxleyboy

Posted: 06:40pm 30 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am useing Waveshare Pic-Res Touch-LCD-2.8 display. It's all working fine. To set this up I have used GP10, GP11 and GP12 for the system SPI. Plus pins GP8, GP15, GP9 and GP13 to set the LCD options. I have not set up the touch features for which I see I need to use pins GP16 and GP17.
I guess I need to set the System option and the LCD option to get the display to work at all. My question is, if I do not set the Touch option can I use GP16 and GP17 as normal digital i/o pins?
Roy

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 08:16pm 30 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

foxleyboy said  if I do not set the Touch option can I use GP16 and GP17 as normal digital i/o pins?
Roy

I expect so - but try it :)

John

Bowden_P

Posted: 12:35am 03 Feb 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Roy,
I suspect that even if you tie GP16 high to disable the touch interface, it may still output interrupts on GP17 if touched. So unless you physically cut this signal off at the screen I reckon you will get interference from GP17.

With best regards, Paul.
Nothing so constant as change.

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 07:42am 03 Feb 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As the PicoMite is physically mounted onto this display I don't think you have a choice. You can *hope* that Touch has to be initialised in software before it drives the pins, but the signal lines are, to all intents and purposes, permanently connected. I wouldn't recommend attempting to use them for anything else unless you are willing to modify either the PicoMite or the display to cut those signals. You could try monitoring them with a 'scope to see what state they are in by default and what happens if the screen is touched.
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024