Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:47 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : PicoMiteWeb Solar Greenhouse

lizby
Guru

Posted: 06:17pm 12 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Fist step toward hardware control of gear for a solar greenhouse (note: I don't have a solar greenhouse, but have a little shed with 275W two solar panels which I can use for testing).

This is testing of the control hardware. The system has a 6-relay module which switches 12V LEDs and fans, 2 MOSFET modules for additional LEDs (PWM-capable, though I'm not using that feature), 4 toggle switches, and 4 temperature/humidity sensors (AM2320 & DHT11).

The relays and MOSFET modules represent Circulator, Louver Vent, Mister, Dehumidifier, fan in, fan out, heater, and lights. The toggle switches represent Mains Power, Battery Power, Door, and Motion sensor. The temperature sensors represent indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, and circulator supply and return temperatures.

Here's the web page:

The system would have 3 modes: OFF, AUTO, and MANUAL. I have only OFF and MANUAL working (and those incompletely, as the video revealed).

Here's a Youtube video: PicoMiteWeb Solar Greenhouse

I've attached the zipped HTML file, gretempl.htm.

(Hmmm, I see that I have somehow lost the date and time, which is javascript code which actually is in the gretempl.htm file and which I believe was working yesterday.)

~

Note that neither the HTML file nor the greenhouse.bas program make good examples of best use of the PicoMiteWeb capabilities, since their origin precedes even Peter's implementation on the Pi-cromite, which introduced the practice of including the MMBasic variables in the html file enclosed in "{}". I used a method I started using on the PICAXE many years ago of embedding "tags" (~01 through ~99) in the HTML, and then programmatically replacing them each time the HTML was reproduced. I hope at some point to align with Peter's method, but it's a fairly major rewrite for me.

One HTML practice I like is to put everything into tables--even tables within tables. This makes it easy to align rows and columns. The screen may look "old school", but that would be me, and I think it makes for a straightforward layout for relatively simple control programs like this.

gretempl.zip
Edited 2023-03-13 04:24 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

panky

Guru

Posted: 10:30pm 12 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Very interesting Lance, watching development with interest,

Doug.
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

lizby
Guru

Posted: 10:26pm 07 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Someone on Youtube expressed an interest in the source code, so I'm attaching it.

DISCLAIMER: This code represents an old style of handling the HTML and the back and forth with the browser--it does not use Peter's superior method of embedding the variable names in the HTML code. My intention was to re-write it, but I won't be back to where I can test it for another 3+ months.

greenhouse.zip

The HTML template is in the gretempl.zip file in the first post.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024