Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:37 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Waveshare 2.8" breakout board

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 11:22am 20 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Early design stage yet. It appears to me that Waveshare aren't particularly bothered if you gan get IO out or not, so I'm hacking this design together.

The circular RS component is a tiny 8R speaker. Still need to sort out an amplifier.

The PicoMite is SMD because you are looking through the LCD screen (which is plugged into two 20-pin male headers on my board). A normal plugged-in Picomite wouldn't fit between the rear of the display board and the front of mine. I could have put the PicoMite on the back but that makes things bulky.

I'll not carry on with this unless someone is interested. There are enough similar ideas around, but none that I know of that do this with a display. :)

Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

Octatron

Posted: 02:38pm 21 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would be interested in a Break Out Board for the Waveshare LCD board. When mine arrived I thought it would be an ideal to interface with some sensors but then how, no I/O break outs! My solution was to solder some DIL sokets to the PicoMite which isn't the neatest or best way.

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 02:48pm 21 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'll carry on with it, I think it's a nice little module. :)

As you say, soldering headers onto the PicoMite isn't ideal, but neat idea!

I had another look at the circuit yesterday and they do actually allow more spare IO than I first thought - just no way to get it off the board! I hope to solve that little problem. :)
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

pwillard

Posted: 05:12pm 21 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I ended up using a PicoLipo with my Waveshare display. While I don't USE the LIPO option, it also comes with a built-in QWIIC connector, so I could add all of my peripherals like RTC and SD CARD MP3 Player to my project.

phil99

Guru

Posted: 10:06pm 21 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Octatron
If you get a Pico without headers you can install stackable headers as used on some Arduino shields. Then you have access to all GPIO on top of the Pico.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024