Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:14 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : PM:VGA - FILES at Cmd Prompt erases variables?

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 07:00am 21 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all.

It is common for me during debug, to stop at the console with either CTRL-C or a simple END command in the code, where I can then examine strings and variables to confirm that they are what they should be.

This works.

However, if I ever call FILES, from that point on, ALL variables(strings or other) seem to be erased and are no longer in effect.  IE: After issuing FILES, any attempt to PRINT F$ kind of thing, results in MMBASIC reporting that F is not declared.
It IS printable at the console BEFORE issuing the FILES command, but after that, it is not.

This may be by design as the interpreter may need the RAM to access and list the files from the SD card, but I would like to check if that is actually the case.

Yes?
No?
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

matherp
Guru

Posted: 07:17am 21 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:28am 22 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank you.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024