Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:27 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Let’s discuss Agon Light

Page 5 of 5    
stanleyella

Guru

Posted: 05:22pm 31 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a rpi 400 for sale and box and blue tooth mouse. Boots to TwisterOS from 120GB usb3 SSD. Offers? buyer pays postage.

atmega8

Guru

Posted: 05:25pm 31 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Dismiss, please open a new Thread for this.....

stanleyella

Guru

Posted: 05:36pm 31 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I only mentioned it as earlier comment said rpi's hard to get and I don't use mine much.

Hawk

Posted: 11:27pm 31 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  Fabgl doesn't currently support the S2 or S3 chips and uses the Arduino IDE so that's two good reasons it isn't an option.

I guess you’re not a fan of the Arduino IDE, we all have our preferences, but what is it that the Original ESP32 is missing that that the S2 and S3 chips have that means that it won’t run MMBASIC?

Comparison of ExpressIF SOCs

Hawk

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:02am 01 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hawk said  what is it that the Original ESP32 is missing that that the S2 and S3 chips have that means that it won’t run MMBASIC?

MatherP 08 Aug, 2018 "There is nothing I can see to stop MMBasic running on the ESP32 it is just 2 or 3 hundred hours of slog work to make it happen."
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Hawk

Posted: 01:41am 01 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

lizby said  
  Hawk said  what is it that the Original ESP32 is missing that that the S2 and S3 chips have that means that it won’t run MMBASIC?

MatherP 08 Aug, 2018 "There is nothing I can see to stop MMBasic running on the ESP32 it is just 2 or 3 hundred hours of slog work to make it happen."

Thanks.  Sorry for scratching at old wounds.  I work with some very good programmers that would rather rewrite code for themselves than utilise/learn someone elses code they feel is less than optimum.  I get it.  I'm not that good a programmer.

BTW, I wasn't suggesting that the FabGL code itself be used, only that MMBasic support what I referred to as the FabGL hardware.  It's really just a standardization of the VGA, PS/2, SD and audio interfaces.  The hardware design is open source, and there are several manufacturers, and like the PicoMite(VGA), it is simple enough to breadboard up and get working.  All it's missing is a decent BASIC interpreter.  I don't consider emulating a DOS machine and running GWBASIC as decent.  

Hawk

stanleyella

Guru

Posted: 11:40pm 01 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Hawk, I got esp32 board with vga,ps2 mouse & keyboard but unless I use arduino ide then no other way I know to use it and I don't do c so waste. The fabgl support is c.
Be thankful for picomite if you can't do c.

Page 5 of 5    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024