Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:21 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : How to intentionally crash MMBASIC on the PM....

Page 2 of 2    
Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 10:17pm 11 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  The H/W watchdog will work in ALL circumstances. The test CSub did not disable interrupts so the S/W watchdog still worked. To test the H/W watchdog the CSUB needs to disable all interrupts. I can't think of a simple way of doing this from a CSub because you need to link the RP2040 sdk to get the register definition but I can guarantee the H/W watchdog WILL WORK in all circumstances

That was enough of a reply to convince me that if I use the HW watchdog in the 2040 chip, and NOT the software one, this SHOULD get me around the issue.

I still have no idea WHY the PM is crashing this badly, and it is only ONE unit out of fifty or so, all with the same code.  YES - have tried swapping out for a different PM module, but the same thing happens.

It's extremely odd.....    

However, if I just use the 2040's hardware watchdog as a work-around, that will settle things down till I can work out what the hell is going on.
Edited 2024-03-12 08:19 by Grogster
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

stanleyella

Guru

Posted: 11:07pm 11 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

dunno about crash but dim k
k=inkeys
error
mmedit still connects and says uploading(flashing code) and sits there.
power off/on sorts it
vga usb 00b5

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024