Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:31 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : FotS: Fruit of the Shed Wiki - Site News

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 03:21am 15 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

FotS: Fruit of the Shed Wiki - Site News

The Fruit of the Shed is now available on its new/original address https://fruitoftheshed.com

Getting Access
Anyone can read and search all the articles/pages.
Any shedders who would like to contribute can get write access via sending me a PM on here. If you have a full name and an email in your TBS profile then just say you want access and I will use those details, otherwise nominate the name and email to use in the PM. Your username will be your TBS username and the system will send you an email with the password once I create your account.

The Namespaces/Categories
All the original content should have been migrated, there has been some slight rearrangements of the original namespaces.

MMBasic
The MMBasic namespace remains for code snippets and general coding.

MMBasic Original
The original mainly Maximite library is now split off to MMBasic Original.

MMBasic Hardware
This namespace MMBasic Hardware Backpacks Firmware Manuals Games etc. is created to reference information for each port of MMBasic. Manuals,Firmware,Hardware, Backpacks,Adaptors, Games. etc

Wiki 101
Read this for tips on creating content.

Other Namespaces remain as in the original FotS.

Some Recent/Future Articles

Three Output States from One Pin (references Peter's post around using 1 pin to control both Touch CS and SD Card CS.

The recent post on a method of interfacing a rotary encoder could be made into an article with some more general info on rotary encoders.
Bounce Proof Rotary encoder

Hosting and Backup and Disaster Recovery stategy
The Fruit of the Shed has been migrated to DokuWiki on a hosted service on VentraIP.
Backup Levels:
Application:
Dokuwiki keeps a record of recent changes and pages can be recovered or reverted to previous revisions by any user with edit permissions.

VentraIP Acronis backup maintains :
a)2 hourly backups for the current day
b)daily backups for last week
c)weekly backups for last month

Nightly backup to My Dropbox maintains 3 full backups:
a)last day
b)last week
c)last month
This is synced to my PC and synology NAS. The backup directory in dropbox does not seem to be able to be shared with others,however a copy in another directory seems to be shareable. I have a scheduled task to copy the files each day.  Sharing this directory will allow the backup to be available to others.The three backup files are currently around 220MBtyes in total.

If anyone has Dropbox and wants to become a custodian of a last line of defense copy of the system I will share the folder with the three backups from my Dropbox.

DokuWiki is fully file system based and runs under PHP. All the content lives in two directories  data/pages, and data/media. If you have these two directories and the administration manual (which I am yet to write) you could rebuild the system from scratch. You would need to add the users and security manually.

DokuWiki seems to be widely used and still current with good documentation so hopefully it a good choice.

fruitoftheshed.com is registered to Nov 2030.
Hosting on VentraIP is valid until Nov 2027.

So hopefully FruitofTheShed will be around for some time to come.

Regards
Gerry
Latest F4 Latest H7

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 04:30am 15 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You are doing a great job Gerry. Thanks.

Geoff
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

OA47

Guru

Posted: 07:43am 15 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I agree with Geoffg  

0A47

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 10:28am 15 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

cheers Gerry, very happy

lizby
Guru

Posted: 01:44pm 15 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks very much for this. Andrew (and others) put a lot of helpful information on this site, and much good code.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:52pm 15 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Delighted to see that this resource has been saved.
Well done.  
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024