Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:22 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Fancy retro housing for the CMM2

joker

Posted: 07:27pm 06 May 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello,
Long time I struggled to find a proper housing for my CMM2 so I started to think about something extraordinary. Anyway, I need a proper keyboard because the CMM2 is quite picky with keyboards.

Then I stumbled over "The C64" and thought by myself: This would be a propper retro housing for my CMM2. So I did it:

The green LED indicated that the CMM2 is active. When the drive is accessed, the LED flickers in red.
If the LED shows permanent red, the build in C64-Emulator is active.

Both computers share the keyboard, which in fact is a USB keyboard. Unfortunately the keyboard layout deviates in many ways from modern keyboards, so I had to patch the firmware to get it right.

It's like a time travel 30 years back in time.    

A look under the bonnet (shy persons should close their eyes now   ):

Cheers
 Matthias

Plasmamac

Guru

Posted: 06:42pm 07 May 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Same Idea here but i bought a Atari St because dislike the c64 Keyboard 🤪
Plasma

joker

Posted: 05:44pm 08 May 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Plasmamac said      Same Idea here but i bought a Atari St because dislike the c64 Keyboard 🤪

C64, Atari, that doesn't matter.
I hope you had as much fun building your fancy housing than I had building mine.  

Cheers Matthias

Brothers in retro housings  

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024