Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:19 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Arduino anyone?

vasi

Guru

Posted: 05:38am 24 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is here anyone familiar with Arduino and Arduino language?
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

JeffD

Posted: 10:14pm 11 Sep 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have used a Freeduino board (based on the arduino board) purchased as a kit from HVW Technologies{

The Freeduino is used for monitoring my wind turbine(RPM, Amps, Watts, wind speed, TSR), solar panels (Amps, Watts), battery charge status(Volts, Amps, temperature, SOC%), and controlling battery charge rate(bulk, absorption, float).

All the real time data is viewed using the 4x20 LCD display. The only data that has history is Watt hour production by the turbine and solar panels which is recorded for a 24hr period. The same goes for load consumption.

Eventually I will have remote data logging through wifi but for now I use a MSI Wind netbook that I hook up to the usb on the Freeduino to do long term data logging.

All the code was written in c/c++ and I did make use of the Arduino core library. The "Arduino Language" is just a high level c/c++ library that wraps the lower level Atmel AVR c library. The Arduino IDE hides the AVR gcc command line tool chain and makes development a little easier for us non programmers.

Here is a picture taken in June 2009 of the prototype setup before I made the final pc board and enclosure.

vasi

Guru

Posted: 10:59pm 11 Sep 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jeff,
Nice project, thank you. I wanted to see how many forum members are familiar with Arduino language. I'm working at a board PIC based which can also be programed using Arduino language via Pinguino, an IDE developed by Jean-Pierre Mandon. Pinguino translate Arduino language for SDCC compiler - (only) C language for PIC microcontrollers.

Maybe you can give us more details and new pictures?

Vasi
Beyound Arduino Lang

TerryKing

Posted: 08:41am 29 Apr 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

I think Arduino is a great low-cost solution for power control and monitoring.

I have been working on Educational materials about Arduino here: YourDuino.com

Tutorial / Information on power control here

And here for low-cost Arduino compatible boards, Sensors and more

DISCLAIMER: I mentioned stuff from my own Shop...
Regards, Terry King terry@yourduino.com

vasi

Guru

Posted: 12:49pm 29 Apr 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I saw your advertising elsewhere (can't remember right now) but for sure it wasn't from Saudi Arabia...

------------
Correction, it was from Saudi Arabia:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=59466.0

-----------------
Second edit:
I remember it! I first saw your post on Pinguino Google Group:
https://groups.google.com/group/pinguinocard/browse_thread/t hread/78ab5d5dafa26b55Edited by vasi 2011-04-30
Beyound Arduino Lang

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024