Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:00 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : New Maximite MMBasic Version - V2.4

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 01:07pm 13 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi folks,

Just letting you know that a new version of the Maximite firmware (including MMBasic) is available for download at http://geoffg.net/maximite.html#Downloads

This wraps up the fixes in the 2.3x test releases. The full list (from the change log) is:

Fixed an issue which caused glitches or noise on the video output while a BASIC program was running. This particular issue caused random horizontal lines of pixels to be intermittently shifted 8 pixels to the right when MMBasic was running a program (ie, not waiting for user input).

A bug which caused the unary negation function to fail has been fixed.
For example, PRINT –SIN(2) now works.

Fixed a bug which caused the RENUMBER command to miss renumbering a GOSUB embedded in an IF…THEN…ELSE command.

Fixed a bug which caused negative numbers in DATA statements to be returned as positive numbers. As a side result you can now use numeric expressions (eg, 8 * 60) in DATA statements.

The RUN “file” command now checks if “file” exists before clearing the program currently in memory. This means that if used with OPTION ERROR CONTINUE you can recover from an error when tying to run one program from within another.

The semicolon character (;) is now optional between expressions in the print statement.
For example, you can now use: PRINT “Voltage is “ x “mV”
This was added to improve Microsoft compatibility.

Updated the “Maximite User Manual” to V2.4 to include the new features listed above

Geoff
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

thetinkerer

Posted: 07:33am 17 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Geoff for doing the update. I think all your good work is appreciated by many.

Marc

sparkey

Posted: 07:38am 17 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thanks frm sparkey
technicians do it with least resistance

Talbit

Posted: 03:21am 20 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Geoff,
I'm having trouble implimenting the format$ command.
It returns with
Error: Unknown command
I tried going back to basics and just typed in format$(45) with the same error.
Should that print out 45 for me?
What am I doing wrong? I'm using V2.4
Thanks for your great work.
Talbit
Talbit

BobDevries

Posted: 03:24am 20 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Talbit,

you need to use PRINT FORMAT$(45)

Hope that helps

Regards,

Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia

Talbit

Posted: 03:56am 20 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

God, I'm stupid!
Thanks for your response.
Talbit
Talbit

Talbit

Posted: 04:27am 20 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bob,
Not sure where to ask my questions but this will do I guesse! That worked fine.
I'm actually trying to build a basis clock (don't ask!)and have it ticking up okay. But I want to printout the clock on the one line. How can I suppress the line feed in my Print statement and have it overwrite on the one line rather than filling up the screen? I'll post my simple program if you want it.
Talbit
Talbit

stuarts

Posted: 04:41am 20 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If you dont want a linefeed, append a semicolon to the end of the print statement.

if you want to return to the start of the line to overwrite the line, have a chr$(13); at the end of your line and it will return the cursor to the start of the line to allow you to display the new data in the same place.

chr$(13) is a carriage return, no linefeed
Stuart
Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.

Talbit

Posted: 04:57am 20 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Stuart,
Well that worked! Now how do I suppress the flashing cursor (which is flashing over the first character)?
Talbit
Talbit

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:30am 20 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You could use LOCATE

10 cls
20 locate 200,200
30 print time$; " ";
40 pause 1000
50 goto 20

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Talbit

Posted: 06:20am 20 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gents,
Thanks for all your input. I can see where I was going wrong. I'm developing this on a laptop via the USB serial port. But when I hooked up a VGA screen it all fell into place. And boy, is this a trip down memory lane!
I know this wasn't the place to have asked this question. The forum looks a bit messy and is expanding at an alarming rate. Where should I have posted this question in the forum?
Talbit
Talbit

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:27am 20 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Its fine to post new questions like this in this area of the forum. Just start a new post with a title like "Problem with PRINT command" or something like that, so anyone browsing can quickly get an idea what the post is about before reading it.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024