Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:28 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : new member

Glenn

Posted: 12:13am 14 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello all. I just joined up. I etched and built my own Maximite PCB when the 1st article came out in Silicon Chip. Designed it so there are no through holes under the PIC. www.carnut.info/maximite/index.htm

Not done a heck of a lot with it just yet, but waiting for the IIC routines for a planned project. Some may be interested in a colour display I plan to use, driven with IIC commands. (see link above)

Glenn

VK3PE

mac46

Guru

Posted: 03:10am 14 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello Glen,

Welcome to the forum, I just spotted you'r post. I'm not up to understanding this micro controller stuff or programing...I'll leave it to other members to discuss you'r creation. I am interested in this subject, learning some things too.

Thanks for posting and welcome aboard.

....Mac46
I'm just a farmer

donmck

Guru

Posted: 03:11am 14 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn said   Hello all. I just joined up. I etched and built my own Maximite PCB when the 1st article came out in Silicon Chip. Designed it so there are no through holes under the PIC. www.carnut.info/maximite/index.htm

Not done a heck of a lot with it just yet, but waiting for the IIC routines for a planned project. Some may be interested in a colour display I plan to use, driven with IIC commands. (see link above)

Hi Glenn, welcome aboard.
Caught up on your page and work, about a week ago when I googled Maximite.

Nice work, see you used a mini-USB connector. And the characters displayed on that little TV are very nice. Maximite is a CRO already.

Digressing for a moment, saw your hot rod also, and spent a bit of time looking at it.

I had a T-model ford on an A model chassis, with a 38 V8 flat head, when I was a teenager. I progressed through 32 B model V8 coupes etc., and at one stage had an FJ holden motor mounted in the back of a VW Kombivan as a work van.

Cheers Don...

https://www.32v8.com/1

Glenn

Posted: 03:45am 14 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the welcome.

Don, ok on the cars over the years. I never was into older stuff untill aout 12 years ago when the A model came to light for sale as a bare body shell. Progress tough is currently pretty slow.

glenn

VK3PE

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024