Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:45 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : maxi

sparkey

Posted: 11:11pm 14 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

as i am a nebie here ...would it ever be possable for this machine to run a bais web browser...given tha fact that somebody would have to write the program for the browser and would it ever be possable to have a dial up modem interface for it i know this may be far in the distance but ......i have built my own solar /wind power system from my own back ..i bought a wind gene`r 600w 40 volt and designed my own inverter it runs modified sq wave i run 36 volt battrys at 250 a/h.....
technicians do it with least resistance

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:25pm 14 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would say there would be no chance it could run any sort of web browser. Its just not that sort of machine. Besides, you can buy a netbook for close to $300 these days that will do that and much more, or ecen a 2nd hand laptop for $100.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

RossW
Guru

Posted: 02:25am 15 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said   I would say there would be no chance it could run any sort of web browser. Its just not that sort of machine. Besides, you can buy a netbook for close to $300 these days that will do that and much more, or ecen a 2nd hand laptop for $100.

This is my point about Ethernet, Glenn.

The boards I've got run not only a webserver, but an ftp server and an SNMP server. Once you've got the basic TCP/IP stack, things to operate as a basic webserver are not terribly complex or difficult.

For example: This little device includes not only the connector, the feromagnetics, couple of LEDs, but a complete webserver, DHCP client/server, telnet, terminal server, and RS232 interface, with a couple of megabytes of FLASH left over to store your application/web pages in!

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 02:28am 15 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Ross

Sparky is looking for a web browser, not server. But thats a interesting little device

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

RossW
Guru

Posted: 05:51am 15 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said   Hi Ross
Sparky is looking for a web browser, not server. But thats a interesting little device

Doh! That'll teach me for reading and replying to forum messages while on the phone. (ok, it probably won't!)

A very basic web browser wouldn't be too hard either. Displaying images (especially some of the more complex compression file formats) might be unreasonable though, as even trying to dither to make an acceptable greyscale would be unreasonable. But a text-only browser that stripped all the tags, displayed what it could (eg, might understand bold/italics tags and not much else), and allow following links, would probably be do-able. Just.

donmck

Guru

Posted: 06:12am 15 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said   I would say there would be no chance it could run any sort of web browser. Its just not that sort of machine. Besides, you can buy a netbook for close to $300 these days that will do that and much more, or even a 2nd hand laptop for $100.

Glenn

Or even $89 including postage and windows CE for a new one.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-Mini-Cheap-Laptop-Notebook-Wi-F i-Netbook-Win-CE-6-0-/110699213237?pt=AU_Tablets&hash=item19 c62ff1b5

Cheers Don...
https://www.32v8.com/1

sparkey

Posted: 07:48am 15 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thanks from sparkey i will look at that seems cool regards
technicians do it with least resistance

stuarts

Posted: 12:55pm 15 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey Don, there are always text based browsers.....
Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.

donmck

Guru

Posted: 08:07pm 15 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

stuarts said   Hey Don, there are always text based browsers.....

I remember using some Stuart.

Ends up like:
Here is a picture [pic] of some bikini babes.

Made me move from DOS to W3.11

Cheers Don...
https://www.32v8.com/1

stuarts

Posted: 10:25pm 15 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Don, I didn't say they were much fun to use. Just small. ;)
Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024