Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:16 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : maxi power consumption

sparkey

Posted: 08:16am 17 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

given that i run just about everthing off my battery bank i have taken a 12 volt tap to power the maxi..now under charging when the power comes down theline the voltage could reach around13 point 5 volt`s appros ..given this fact ...stop...there is no fuse prtection on the maxi input except the regulators ....follow so what i was wandering is that using a tip 31 or a tip 3055 running a ten volt zener to base and also putting a 2 amp fast blow fuse after my iniatial reg cct would this be sufficent protection....regards sparkey...::::

:::so it will be constantly turened on unless i use the autrun function when i do turn it on meaning that the time will have to be rest as such but i know that there is no use having it running 24/7 i""::: i make power from solar so i dont like wasting it for no reason and this is why "ther in bulilt battery would be good if i ever get the wright specs i will add a flat pack battery to the maxi my self regards brian...Edited by sparkey 2011-06-18
technicians do it with least resistance

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024