Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:17 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : if wishes were fishes

captainbill

Posted: 06:27pm 19 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If wishes were fishes then beggars would ride. I have started this thread to compile a wish list of ideas users have for enhancements to this wonderful Maximite platform. I am confident we have many users who may have valuable experience which could be used.

Some of these ideas have already been put forward,I know. I don't want to step on any toes.

Software:
Along with peek and poke we need some way allocate some memory for speed critical machine language code. Maybe a varptr to a string variable in which to poke machine language. We need a call mechanism to this varptr with an argument(s). The call should return a value(s). One Idea might be commands which makenan to a specific location to a predetermined ram location initialized with a noop followed return‌n instruction. A user could then poke call to his machine language which was poked into a string. Say machine0 ... machine10.

How about a hardware/software combo to program PIC32 chips with a bootloader or other code.

Circle command to have an aspect ratio argument to create elipses or make circles round. Maybe a very general arc command to with center x, center y, radius, start radian, stop radian, aspect, and fill

Color would be nice.

Hardware:
A second usb for a perhaps Ethernet or wifi or other uses. With connectivity the Maximite could make a dynamite :-) home automation, media or other controller.

These are just a few of my ideas. There are many other, I'm sure. If wishes were horses then beggars would ride.

Bill
Old school. Still interested. Head in the clouds.

donmck

Guru

Posted: 06:39pm 19 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great minds think alike Bill.

I posted my wish list 17 minutes before you. Amazing isn't it?

Best we collate them.

I just read your reply in the other thread.
That was crazy timing, unbelievable.

No don't let your fish swim away, as I forgot to add things like calling ML routines for time critical processes, and I have given this considerable thought. I just simply didn't think of it.

Just forgot to add it.
I am also watching NASCAR sprint cup, and multi-tasking here. It's not easy.

Did you want to add your items to the wish list I started?
I think this will be the easiest, as two threads won't work, well I don't think it will work like dual core processors will it?

Cheers Don...

https://www.32v8.com/1

captainbill

Posted: 06:52pm 19 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Don

We should consolidate our wish lists into your thread. The moderator of the forum can delete my thread. Maybe we need separate ones for firmware and hardware.

If we get ML statements. maybe a really cleaver person could wright a very semple assembler in MMBasic which could output hex data statements to be poked into ML routines.

Bill

p.s. watching my mailbox like a hawk
Old school. Still interested. Head in the clouds.

donmck

Guru

Posted: 07:04pm 19 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

captainbill said   Don

We should consolidate our wish lists into your thread. The moderator of the forum can delete my thread. Maybe we need separate ones for firmware and hardware.

If we get ML statements. maybe a really cleaver person could wright a very semple assembler in MMBasic which could output hex data statements to be poked into ML routines.

Bill
p.s. watching my mailbox like a hawk

Bill, I was about to compose a real email to you, so watching your mail box would have worked.

OH, you mean your snail mail box. SM1 prototype hasn't posted yet, it is too early, snail post time will be in about 5 hours, about 10:00

I don't think Glenn needs to delete yours, leave it as a reference, and we will simply link from here to there via:
http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3587&PN =1

Problem solved. Job sorted. Finito.

However we do need to collate them. Do you want to do this, as you may wish to change your text to suit the wish list format.

And a hardware and software wish list is fine. Needs collating and grouping.

Are you watching NASCAR Bill?

See you are into fast cars and a US citizen, so I thought you may be.
Monday morning here of course, just passed 05:00

Cheers Don...

Edited by donmck 2011-06-21

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:54pm 19 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I tend to leave posts on line unless there is a real problem, ie defamation, spam, etc. The problem with deleting posts is the search engines get upset, dead links, sort of thing. It also reminds members that anything they say could be here for good

The Maximite is a hot topic on the forum at the moment, but it will settle down in a few months and blend into the background. The problem with forums is stuff gets lost in time, however Google does a good job of indexing the site, and eventually I'll update the main web sites pages about the Maximite with a lot of the info posted here.

What I think will be interesting is the "cross pollination". The web site was originally devoted to home made wind turbines, but as my interests and our member interests changed, started to include solar, EV, CNC, electronics, and microcontrollers. The Maximite fits right in, and I can see many RE/EV/CNC etc applications for it. Before the Maximite came along our forums members were already familiar with using microcontrollers, especially the PicAxe, for RE control and logging, and there are several PicAxe based projects on the main site, so using a microcontroller is nothing new. But with the Maximite came new potential, and new people. I've noticed a bunch of new members join up in the last couple of weeks, and I can bet many of them have never built a wind turbine, solar array or CNC machine. Thats the cross pollination I'm talking about, visitors come here to learn about the Maximite, and go away contemplating a windmill in the back yard.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

donmck

Guru

Posted: 11:02pm 19 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I agree with most of what you have just said Glenn, so there is no need for me to comment on every point.

The Maximite is a HAPPENING, the others are just micro-controllers.

Cheers Don...

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024