Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:37 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : i/o pin confusion

sparkey

Posted: 12:23pm 21 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

in gizzmo notes he stats that pins1-0 are anolouge and pins 11-20 r digital ..but i read elsewhare that the pins can be set into 3 different modes ..regards brian//...i have the three silicn chip mags but they dont really tell me a lot of great deatail ....
technicians do it with least resistance

stuarts

Posted: 12:45pm 21 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sparkey, analog is only available on pins 1 to 10. if yo try to set pins 11 to 20 for analog input, it generates and error.

have a look at the version 2.4 manual from Geoff's site. I clears things up quite well.

Stuart
Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:45pm 21 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Brian

Have you downloaded and looked at the manual? You can download it from http://geoffg.net/maximite.html, it will answer most of your quesions. Look up the SETPIN command.

Pins 1 to 10 are the only pins that can be configured to read analoge voltage, Pins 11 to 20 can be configured to read period, frequency, count. All pins can be used as interrupts, and all pins can be used as digital outputs.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

sparkey

Posted: 01:31pm 21 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sorry guys yes i did read the mm and also have gone over the sillicon chip mags unfortanatley i only just now realised that i got the 10 pin expander and not a 20 pin one whell hopfully it should be here tomorrow and i will modify the connector cable its a bit harsh though ...regards sparkey...thanks
technicians do it with least resistance

rhamer

Posted: 11:34pm 21 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sparkey said   sorry guys yes i did read the mm and also have gone over the sillicon chip mags unfortanatley i only just now realised that i got the 10 pin expander and not a 20 pin one whell hopfully it should be here tomorrow and i will modify the connector cable its a bit harsh though ...regards sparkey...thanks

What sort of input do you want?

Pins 1-10 can do either analogue or digital, and the 10 channel expander connects to the first 10 channels.

If you cascade a second 10 channel expander you get access to the second 10 channels (pins 11-20).

The expander will provide isolation for the channels, but it cant convert what is defined as one channel type on the maximite to another. I.e it cant make pins 11-20 analogue, even though it has the circuitry to support it.

Also be aware for the digital input it can allow input voltages of upto 24V to be read, but the analogue input is still limited to 3.3V, so if you want to read higher voltages than that you will need to scale it somehow.

Regards

Rohan
Rohan Hamer
HAMFIELD Software & Hardware Solutions

Makers of the Maximite Expander.

http://www.hamfield.com.au

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024