Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:52 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : DS1620 Code for Bit Bashers....

Ray B

Posted: 05:27am 03 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Found this old extract from a Basic STAMP manual on interfacing & shows interfacing to a typical 12C device being a Dallas DS1620 temperature sensor and also Serial EEPROMs as well as other stuff.
For those Bit Bashers out there with the time and inclination this may be convertable to talking 12C without a serial port. From my review of the code the STAMP code does not seem to be using an inbuilt serial port.

2011-07-03_152616_BS1APPS.PDF
RayB from Perth WA

donmck

Guru

Posted: 05:52am 03 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ray B said   Found this old extract from a Basic STAMP manual on interfacing & shows interfacing to a typical 12C device being a Dallas DS1620 temperature sensor and also Serial EEPROMs as well as other stuff.
For those Bit Bashers out there with the time and inclination this may be convertable to talking 12C without a serial port. From my review of the code the STAMP code does not seem to be using an inbuilt serial port.

2011-07-03_152616_BS1APPS.PDF

The old Basic Stamp One Manual.

I wrote LOSA #6 out of a list of what? 232 today, but that was way back in 93? 95? I forget.

http://www.hth.com/filelibrary/txtfiles/losa.txt

A Good basic reference Ray, I used it a lot, however Stuart S. is well into I2C routines using 2 data pins and 1 clock pin. I'm sure that will come to see the light of day sooner or later.

Cheers Don...

https://www.32v8.com/1

stuarts

Posted: 07:26am 03 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ray, I've got 2 ds1631 running on mine now. Just have to clean my code up because its reather messy with lots of on the fly edits. Have also designed a board to plug into the maximite expansion connector and use shorting links to select which of the 10 open collector lines you want to use for the I2C pins.

Because Maximite basic doesn't let you read the state of a open collector output pin (the PIC does, its just a limit of the firmware in the Maximite), I've had to use 2 pins on the SDA line. one set to open collector for output and another set to input so the I2C slave device can pull the line low when the master has it high.

I've only used one line for the clock although to support all I2C devices really it needs 2 lines as well to support devices that can clock stretch. I've yet to find a device that uses clock stretching.

The board I've designed lets you select any of pins 11 - 20 for each of these lines.
Hopefully I'll get to etch and test one this afternoon.

Stuart

Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024