Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:42 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Micro SD Card

elproducts

Posted: 04:20pm 04 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Would a micro SD card work the same as the SD card on Maximite if I used the smaller socket?
I'm breadboarding a Maximite and found a microSD card socket board that plugs into the breadboard.
I wasn't sure if the interface was different.
www.elproducts.com

donmck

Guru

Posted: 08:08pm 04 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

elproducts said   Would a micro SD card work the same as the SD card on Maximite if I used the smaller socket?
I'm breadboarding a Maximite and found a microSD card socket board that plugs into the breadboard.
I wasn't sure if the interface was different.

Hi Chuck, details at:

http://www.themaximitecomputer.com/maximite-ev-smd/

We have this above Maximite EV design about to go into first prototype, in fact it may be getting populated now.

And we have another with very different features, in the design stage. Features that I know you will like.

Cheers Don...

https://www.32v8.com/1

captainbill

Posted: 08:33pm 04 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Howdy

Regarding breadboarding a MM, how did you attach the SMD PIC32 to the board? Was it soldered to a chip carrier? If so, how did you accomplish it?

I would like to do a breadboard MM but I don't want to attempt the SMD soldering.

Which brings me to my next point. Will one of the hardware vendor guys be providing a PIC32 soldered to a chip carrier? At a good price? Maybe even the 100 pin version? ;-)

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bill
Old school. Still interested. Head in the clouds.

aargee

Posted: 10:31pm 04 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bill,

Have a look at the UBW32 and have a look here as to what I did with it..

- Rob.

For crying out loud, all I wanted to do was flash this blasted LED.

stuarts

Posted: 11:40am 07 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Captainbill, have a look at geoffg.net and have a look at his article on SMD soldering. It's not as scary as it looks. I've soldered 2 PIC32s to Maximite boards and both are up and running. I didn't like the idea of it, but now that I have done the 2 and soldered a couple of I2C chips to boards I feel a whole lot better about it.

I did end up buying a microscope from the company that Geoff mentions on his page.

It makes the job much easier.

Stuart
Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.

donmck

Guru

Posted: 04:46pm 07 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

captainbill said   Howdy

Regarding breadboarding a MM, how did you attach the SMD PIC32 to the board? Was it soldered to a chip carrier? If so, how did you accomplish it?

I would like to do a breadboard MM but I don't want to attempt the SMD soldering.

Which brings me to my next point. Will one of the hardware vendor guys be providing a PIC32 soldered to a chip carrier? At a good price? Maybe even the 100 pin version? ;-)

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bill

Cap'n Bill, have a look here for full info:

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-32-bit-whacker-pic32mx795 -development-board.html

BTW. I don't expect you to buy from me, as my price on this item is higher than SparkFuns, as I buy from them anyway, And as you are state side, they will be quicker.

We have a lot more in the pipeline, and I am flat out working on designs right now, 48 hour Sundays, all that sort of thing. So much for my retirement. :-)

Cheers Don...

https://www.32v8.com/1

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024