Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:00 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : 26 Pin I/O Header

johnbig

Posted: 02:05am 09 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Re Geoff G's Errata No.2 on his Maximite page, does this mean that just the silk screening on the board around the header will be corrected or will there be other changes as well. I still haven't received my Maximite from Altronics yet but I planned to just use a straight connector instead of the right angled one to correct the mistake so I could use the maximite expansion board from Hamfield,which I already have, but now I will have to wait to see if any changes are in fact made.
How can this situation be addressed so as to cause as little inconvenience as possible to all the stake holders.

John Leate

stuarts

Posted: 07:51am 09 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

John, the picture in the maximite manual has the basic defined pins in the right place.

So you see GND at the left and right end. 5v next to the top left ground and 3.3v below it.

Its only the pin numbering of the connector that is wrong. all the basic pin names are correct visually when going from the Maximite manual.

To put it simply, all the signals are in the same place as they always were.

Stuart

Edit, sorry John, I missed that you were using the straight connector with a hamfield board. I see that you have 2 ways to look at it. The right angle connector has the cutout in the top of the connector. To maintain the orientation of the straight connector you would put the straight connector with the cutout to the front of the board. The Hamfield board will require it to be put on the other way, or you could do as Rohan has suggested for the rest of us, to put it on the way I suggested then cut another cutout in the other side of the board to accomodate the hamfield board.Edited by stuarts 2011-07-10
Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024