Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:30 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : digital i/o/ camera switching

sparkey

Posted: 11:15pm 11 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

i have several video cameras set up at the premis and was wondering ifi could use the half dozen or so i/o`s to switch a relay block to the monitor ..so it runs in circles or maybe even being able to select certain cameras at a time

regards sparkey thanks to all who reply ....dont clap just throw money..lol..lol..
technicians do it with least resistance

rhamer

Posted: 11:28pm 11 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sparkey said   i have several video cameras set up at the premis and was wondering ifi could use the half dozen or so i/o`s to switch a relay block to the monitor ..so it runs in circles or maybe even being able to select certain cameras at a time

regards sparkey thanks to all who reply ....dont clap just throw money..lol..lol..

I would think you could do exactly that, and that sort of bread and butter project is what the Maximite is designed to handle.

Cheers

Rohan
Rohan Hamer
HAMFIELD Software & Hardware Solutions

Makers of the Maximite Expander.

http://www.hamfield.com.au

Dave Everett

Posted: 12:53am 12 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sparkey said   i have several video cameras set up at the premis and was wondering ifi could use the half dozen or so i/o`s to switch a relay block to the monitor ..so it runs in circles or maybe even being able to select certain cameras at a time

That is possible, but you should synchonise the switching to the start of each frame or you'll get some unpleasant rolling effects.

National used to make an 8-pin frame detect chip, I used one in a laser range detection system I built back in the 90s.

Dave

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024