Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:36 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Silicon Chip Submissions

rhamer

Posted: 10:43pm 18 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Folks,

There has been a bit of talk about the idea of a regular column or similar in Silicon Chip, to help promote the Maximite.

Whilst I myself dont have anything specific to offer at this point, I would encourage those that do to send them in.

At the very least just having some stuff published in the "Circuit Design Ideas" would be a good start.

And don't think that anything is too simple, remember there are lots of hobby folk who might just be wishing someone could shed some light on how to measure the voltage of their 12 battery bank, or drive that LCD.

I would suspect that these kinds of submissions is what would be needed to consider a regular area, and the more the better.

So rather than waiting for Silicon Chip to take the initiative, I think we should help them to make the decision.

Cheers

Rohan
Rohan Hamer
HAMFIELD Software & Hardware Solutions

Makers of the Maximite Expander.

http://www.hamfield.com.au

Nick

Guru

Posted: 11:02pm 18 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good call. I'm submit my colour mod when I have it finalized.

Baan BaaT

Posted: 04:21am 19 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Maybe we could look at it a different way ..... What if Jim Rowe was a member of the forum?

rhamer

Posted: 05:15am 19 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Baan BaaT said   Maybe we could look at it a different way ..... What if Jim Rowe was a member of the forum?

Ok.... what if he was?
Rohan Hamer
HAMFIELD Software & Hardware Solutions

Makers of the Maximite Expander.

http://www.hamfield.com.au

stuarts

Posted: 05:29am 19 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Rohan, I like your thinking. Let him pick and choose for the magazine sounds a great idea. See where the Maximite is going.

Stuart
Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.

sparkey

Posted: 03:35am 21 Jul 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

oh bugger why doesent somebody actully take our ideas and publish a monthly news letter in sil chip maybe i agree in cct design and ideas altough given the fact in my honest oppioion there will always be some body with a mod for the maxi and yes i had fore thought when i told people that this is going to expand and i am waiting for the MKII which i am hoping that geoff will publish in the next 6 month and as always ..i am not requireing this i always put fothought into the future regards sparkey..thanks geoff and all....pss i have three of them all made by different people...next week i will have more a very good alternitve to a lot of expensive gear that is on the market ..regards sparkey...Edited by sparkey 2011-07-22
technicians do it with least resistance

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024