Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:04 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Maximite Prototyping Board now available

Page 1 of 2    
rhamer

Posted: 12:09am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Folks,

I now have a Maximite prototyping board kit added to my list of Maximite accessories.

Check out my website for more information.

Cheers

Rohan
Rohan Hamer
HAMFIELD Software & Hardware Solutions

Makers of the Maximite Expander.

http://www.hamfield.com.au

sparkey

Posted: 01:23am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

ok rohan when can i have one ..regards sparkey
technicians do it with least resistance

rhamer

Posted: 01:25am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sparkey said   ok rohan when can i have one ..regards sparkey

Anytime you like, just order from my website and a few days later it will be delivered to your door.

Cheers

Rohan
Rohan Hamer

Ray B

Posted: 01:28am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Rohan you just beat me to it.... I was this weekend about to get serious about learning EAGLE PCB design to produce what you have designed, your product even looks like my original sketches - great minds think alike.

What is the cost of your complete kit or in short form like just the PCB? Not shown on your web page.

Regards
RayB from Perth WA

sparkey

Posted: 04:23am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

this board is a must for the maximiter

rhamer

Posted: 05:03am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ray B said   Rohan you just beat me to it.... I was this weekend about to get serious about learning EAGLE PCB design to produce what you have designed, your product even looks like my original sketches - great minds think alike.

What is the cost of your complete kit or in short form like just the PCB? Not shown on your web page.

Regards

Hi Ray,

The full kit is $40 with everything you see in the picture and the 26W interconnecting IDC cable.

Postage is $6 anywhere in Australia.

I havent offered the board only at this point, but it would be something like $25 which is the same as the rest. To be honest, the full kit is probably better value though, as the parts retail would be more than $15.

However given the sales in the first few hours, there may not be any of the first batch left by the end of the weekend.

Thanks to all that have purchased.

Cheers

Rohan

Rohan Hamer

haiqu

Posted: 06:22am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Rohan,

Those are some serious looking heatsinks.

Nice work.

Rob

unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep

sparkey

Posted: 06:29am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sorry to re coin a phrase but its a pice of art

rhamer

Posted: 06:32am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

haiqu said   Rohan,

Those are some serious looking heatsinks.

Nice work.

Rob

Thank you Rob, you never know what the user may want to drive, so best to be as generous as you reasonably can.

Cheers

Rohan
Rohan Hamer

sparkey

Posted: 06:39am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

not to put a downer on the heart sinks but where i come from they look pretty
standard

sparkey

Posted: 10:09am 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

i think that this will be one of your best incentives as a consumer point of view it has a open possability of easy acsess to all the pinn`s on the maxi also its the best unit i`ve seen so far as a compatability unit...regards sparkey ...Edited by sparkey 2011-08-13

sparkey

Posted: 12:41pm 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sparkey said   this board is a must for the maximiter

sparkey

Posted: 01:55pm 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

i would not be suprized if this unit is one of your best sellers..i wish i had one in my hands right now

sincearly sparkey ...power to the people and hardwhare to the consumers

Nick

Guru

Posted: 07:53pm 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I agree. I bought one of these boards the moment I saw it.

This is the best way to promote the Maximite for hardware experimentation.

I'll be honest and say that interfaceing I2c and Arduino devices to the Maximite, doesn't actually promote the Maximite itself. It just makes the Maximite *yet another* I2c and Arduino interfacing board and one of the more expensive options unless you use Don's board.

Wouldn't it be better to encourage the development, experimentation and education in electronic design with circuits 'from-the-ground-up'. Something a bit more than just plugging in ready made modules like 'electronic lego'.

This board should be published in Silicon Chip to complement the Maximite project.

(Then again, Silicon Chip should have a monthly Maximite column to capitalise the Maximite success. There are many users who don't access this forum and rely on the monthly magazine)

sparkey

Posted: 10:30pm 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yes nick i have my inverter just rebuilt with two banks of 3055`s and im waiting till i get this board its defenatley going to the most advanced add on for the maximite ...regards sparkey..and if peops cant see the aspect of what this board is capabelle of then their not tru maximitersEdited by sparkey 2011-08-14

Ray B

Posted: 04:09am 13 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

One enhancement I'd like to see on interface boards is some form of protection of the microcontroller like using optocoupling of digital I/O lines or at a minimum transistor or whatever type of external semiconductor components as line protection.

What type of input protection does the micro chip have from say +12volts from playing around on the protoboard side of things. What is the voltage limits?

Alternatively I'd like to see the base MM board with a socket for the microprocessor, impossible to desolder / resolder a new one.

Comments?
RayB from Perth WA

sparkey

Posted: 04:25am 13 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yes very true i like the possability that you can always use the bread bord adding in a transistor your self its not that diffucult to do thats the whole point of the bread board ..its totally "diy"

sparkey

Posted: 04:27pm 15 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

to rohan i`ve just finished the hub board came up quite nice ..i`m going to get a 19 inch rack mount case so i can house the boards im fitting the rack out with a 18 volt tap from the batterys also wil fit a 12 volt torroid so it can be fed from the mains if the need be required to take it somewhare also like the dip switch function regards sparkey now i just finished the four channell input board this is startin to come together quite nicely...though do have a couple of short beefs ..there were no blue terminal blocks with the kits so at some stage i will need to aquire some of these from you and also i think that even if it means adjusting the kit price a little ...12mm m3 tapped spacers and screw sets... for the boards also the holes in the boards will also have to be changed to a smaller size to accomadate m3 screw sets ..just an oppinion...but on a last note your boards a a pleasure to work with theres no mistake in cct bord quality....sparkey..ah well no rest for the wicked..just built the 4 chanell output board its comming togeather nicely.....also would like to ask y you never ran the 5 volt rail through the hub....???Edited by sparkey 2011-08-17

rhamer

Posted: 12:12am 16 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sparkey said   to rohan i`ve just finished the hub board came up quite nice ..i`m going to get a 19 inch rack mount case so i can house the boards im fitting the rack out with a 18 volt tap from the batterys also wil fit a 12 volt torroid so it can be fed from the mains if the need be required to take it somewhare also like the dip switch function regards sparkey now i just finished the four channell input board this is startin to come together quite nicely...though do have a couple of short beefs ..there were no blue terminal blocks with the kits so at some stage i will need to aquire some of these from you and also i think that even if it means adjusting the kit price a little ...12mm m3 tapped spacers and screw sets... for the boards also the holes in the boards will also have to be changed to a smaller size to accomadate m3 screw sets ..just an oppinion...but on a last note your boards a a pleasure to work with theres no mistake in cct bord quality....sparkey..ah well no rest for the wicked..just built the 4 chanell output board its comming togeather nicely.....also would like to ask y you never ran the 5 volt rail through the hub....???

Just for clarification, these comments are for the Modular Series Boards and not the Prototyping Board.

I thought you would have some blue terminals left over from the other board, and given the extra special price, you could use those. I'll send you some.

I dont include mounting hardware because everybody will want something different depending on their application and all this will do is raise the price.

The mounting holes are designed to take 4mm mounting hardware or 3mm standoffs.

Regards

Rohan
Rohan Hamer

rhamer

Posted: 12:25am 16 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ray B said   One enhancement I'd like to see on interface boards is some form of protection of the microcontroller like using optocoupling of digital I/O lines or at a minimum transistor or whatever type of external semiconductor components as line protection.

What type of input protection does the micro chip have from say +12volts from playing around on the protoboard side of things. What is the voltage limits?

Alternatively I'd like to see the base MM board with a socket for the microprocessor, impossible to desolder / resolder a new one.

Comments?

Yeah, that is the conundrum, if I provide isolation, then that may not be what is wanted for someones circuit design, but if I don't then the inexperienced might blow it up.

For the record, all my other boards provide isolation.

You can socket those PIC32 chips but the socket costs more than the whole Maximite and the board needs to be designed to take it. You can however desolder and replace it if you really needed to. If you dont have the equipment or confidence, I'm sure we could work something out if you ever did let the smoke out of one.

Cheers

Rohan
Rohan Hamer

Page 1 of 2    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024