Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:34 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : vasi

sparkey

Posted: 08:10pm 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

to nite i have just rebuilt a dual bank of transistors thats 7 2n3055`s 14 in toll they provide the switching for my inverter it has a 64 volt center tapped trans former on the secondarys its primary is 250 volt now as i wait for the bread board from "hamfield"
i can build a simple controller cct with a 555 timer and 4013 cmos to fire it up ..manually ...but i am going to wait till i get the bread board expander from "hamfield ...now program wise i have a program that was "written by gerard and a special sorce code hex file ...gerald is the person who has helped me dearly and i am in debit to his work that i appreaciate very much.
the program that he has written for me allows frequency adjustment up to five Khz and also allows the adjustment of the "mark space ratio " and also a voltmeter so i can watch the battry voltage...:":,,, maybe this will give you some idea of what i am actully doing with the maxi ...on the other hand gerard wrote me a program that switches between pins one to thre setting one pin high at a time in a loop there fore switching video signals from my three survailance cameras around my house.... it is being powered by one of don`s embedded boards and a modified silicon chip pre amp stuidio series pre amp it can actully run 12 cameras at a time if i wanted but would only disply on two monitors well sorry if i have not included enough info but there you have it regards sparkey
technicians do it with least resistance

vasi

Guru

Posted: 09:02pm 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nice projects.

[quote]...a program that switches between pins one to thre setting one pin high at a time in a loop there fore switching video signals from my three survailance cameras around my house...[/quote]

This is a project I also want to do it on my property but will take a while as is not a priority. Also I want a defending mechanism against fox attacks but that is not yet clear in my mind, it may involve some mini rovers and a network of motion detectors to activate on night. The mini rovers can be already in position before I will be able to get my slippers to go out. And before something wrong may happen. But also involve a lot of hardware and is at the end of my to do list so I just keep thinking.

Vasi
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

sparkey

Posted: 09:10pm 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

cool vasi

sparkey

Posted: 09:27pm 12 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

the program "camera.bas is on dons website

aargee

Posted: 01:38am 13 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Vasi,

A little off topic, but apparently a good distraction for foxes is to go around the area you want to protect and urinate. Sort of like marking your territory?!? I haven't tried it myself, and I imagine it would be a night time activity to avoid scaring the neighbours!

- Rob.Edited by aargee 2011-08-14
For crying out loud, all I wanted to do was flash this blasted LED.

Ray B

Posted: 04:14am 13 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

We could also send you over some Drop Bears from Australia to Romania.
The're well known here for keeping the foxes away.
RayB from Perth WA

haiqu

Posted: 05:25am 13 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

They already have vampires and you want to send them drop bears ?

Heh, this is getting silly.

Rob

unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep

vasi

Guru

Posted: 07:19am 13 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@aargee, a male will mark over it to mask the smell so, don't try it, is useless.

"@Ray B" your drop bear will become droppings bear if encounter the local ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmLkd_btU9U&feature=fvwrel

@haiqu, thanks!

Thanks for the advices guys, I would like to keep the mini rover variant as a good alternative to be there in the right time.

Vasi

P.S. I think this post qualifies to the "Shop Talk" forum...
Beyound Arduino Lang

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:40am 13 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Eh Vasi,
Just get a puddy cat !!!!!! twice now I have seen our old cat in a fight with a fox and both times the fox took off bleeding. Our old cat is called 'Munchy' and just about everyday he brings home a rabbit or hare, tries to bring it inside then takes it under the house for a feed. We got a young female cat and he has taken her under the wing and between them the mouse problem has gone and in just over 9 years we have never lost a chook to a fox.

Cheers Bryan

vasi

Guru

Posted: 07:14pm 14 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bryan,

My daughter like cats. She ask me to bring her one but we must protect the pigeons.
Here is a mini rover with a cell phone and Arduino. But is one of a lot of similar projects.

A functional drone have video transmission and when you have the target in sight, you can take photo shots or activate a spray or a stun device.

Vasi
Beyound Arduino Lang

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024