Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:29 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Rikomagic MK802 blows Raspberry / Olimex

Page 2 of 2    
DuinoMiteMegaAn

Posted: 06:56am 14 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have tell to you that you are wrong (except life support equipments

For starters, is the GPIO electrically isolated for "industrial enviromnent"?
Does these basic controllers pass "industrial certification"? CE, Class x Division x
Are these basic controllers deterministic? eg every "control action" happens within a precise real time frame?

You need to treat these basic PIC32 controllers for what they are - for hobby use.
Industrial controllers cost much more due to certifications and manufacturing process. Better check out the Allen Bradley and Modicon professional "industrial controllers"

BTW ... Not to brag - but I have over 30 + years in process control Combustion Engineering, ABB and Royce-Royce.

boss

Posted: 07:03am 14 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello,

I wrote about enhanced PIC32 = designed for an industrial environment. And I was working mostly with DEC PDP/LSI,GE and ABB as well.

Regards
boss

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024