Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:26 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Atmel Technology Live Developer Conferenc

vasi

Guru

Posted: 02:17pm 21 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I guess anyone registered at Atmel site (whatever the reason) received this invitation by email:

[code]Atmel® Technology Live (ATL), our September 11 to 13 developer conference in San Jose, promises to be a career-enriching event you won’t want to miss.
Why? We’ve got dozens of classes taught by Atmel Technology Experts from around the world. Here’s what
you’ll learn in just five of them:

1. Develop a passive infrared (PIR) camera app from scratch, while you discover the new Atmel Cortex™-M4
SAM4S-WPIRD-RD reference design kit with ZigBee® compliance
2. Get the handbook on capacitive touch sensing performance metrics, including signal-to-noise ratio, report
rate, first touch latency, jitter, accuracy, linearity and power consumption
3. Find out why the Atmel microcontroller- (MCU-) based Arduino platform is generating so much buzz in the design world
4. Dive deeper into Atmel Studio 6, our new integrated development environment for Atmel AVR® and ARM® Cortex-M
5. Gain insight into sophisticated touchscreen sensor stackups that
enable thinner mobile products with more vivid displays[/code]

I'm surely not the one who can attend but I would be VERY interesting in what have Atmel to say regarding to subject number 3.Edited by vasi 2012-06-23
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

elproducts

Posted: 01:20am 22 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

vasi said   I guess anyone registered at Atmel site (whatever the reason) received this invitation by email:

3. Find out why the Atmel microcontroller- (MCU-) based Arduino platform is generating so much buzz in the design world

I'm surely not the one who can attend but I would be VERY interesting in what have Atmel to say regarding to subject number 3.

I am just as curious.
Is anybody attending this?
www.elproducts.com

vasi

Guru

Posted: 01:36pm 22 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

From here, maybe only Olimex can attend...
Beyound Arduino Lang

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 09:23pm 22 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was underwhelmed by it, so no.

John

vasi

Guru

Posted: 11:28pm 22 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hopefully, this will explain what I wanted to say...
http://youtu.be/ITS804k0r8g?t=3m45s

From this movie we had the first prove that Microchip is behind chipkit boards. From the Massimo movie we had the confirmation that they (Arduino team) got help from an Atmel team regarding to the new series of Arduino boards (Arduino Due is expected with much interest). Somewhere on this forum Elproducts said something about a battle between Microchip and Atmel... So, I'm very curious to know how Atmel see the Arduino phenomenon - they ignored Arduino board some time ago. It will be the official statement.

As Atmel "partner", it is easy for Olimex to attend.Edited by vasi 2012-06-24
Beyound Arduino Lang

vasi

Guru

Posted: 07:02am 12 Jul 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

"Atmel Technology Live Developer Conference Moved to 2013

Our Atmel® Technology Live (ATL) developer conference, originally scheduled for September 11-13, 2012, has been rescheduled due to an ongoing renovation project at the venue, the San Jose Convention Center. The construction work, which will not be completed in the September time frame, will prevent us from hosting the type of experience we've envisioned and planned.

In addition to providing you with the best in technical training, we also want ATL to offer plenty of opportunities for you to share ideas and best practices, network with your peers from around the world, and engage in impromptu chats with Atmel Technology Experts. So, it's important for the venue to foster an inviting community atmosphere.

We'll continue working with the convention center to find alternate dates for ATL, likely in early 2013. Meanwhile, please check out our other training programs. There are also two ways to stay up to date on ATL: sign up to Stay Informed and visit www.atmel.com/atl. Questions? Contact atl@atmel.com "
Beyound Arduino Lang

vasi

Guru

Posted: 02:29pm 21 Aug 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guys,

Here is the official document which shows the Atmel involvement in Arduino's world!

It is true that Arduino is an abstract concept, but from now on will also be true that Arduino means Atmel microcontrollers. Well, not a problem at all but now, I would like to have Jalv2 language for them.

He he, at a point in time, I tried to convince Arduino people that will be cheaper (specially for schools) if they use the Microchip's usb-ready microcontroller, PIC18F2550/4550 but they now have Leonardo, with the same amount of Flash but even faster.

I only wish from Microchip an unrestricted, free C18 compiler - no silly limitations anymore!
Beyound Arduino Lang

elproducts

Posted: 03:55pm 21 Aug 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

vasi said   Hi guys,

Here is the official document which shows the Atmel involvement in Arduino's world!

It is true that Arduino is an abstract concept, but from now on will also be true that Arduino means Atmel microcontrollers. Well, not a problem at all but now, I would like to have Jalv2 language for them.

He he, at a point in time, I tried to convince Arduino people that will be cheaper (specially for schools) if they use the Microchip's usb-ready microcontroller, PIC18F2550/4550 but they now have Leonardo, with the same amount of Flash but even faster.

I only wish from Microchip an unrestricted, free C18 compiler - no silly limitations anymore!

I heard the Due was going to run about $65 while a 32 bit chipKIT is only around $30.
Have you heard any pricing?

Also,
The free version of the XC8 compiler is only limited to 1 level optimization. Is that a really a limitation?
Optimizers seem to mess with my code anyway.
Are there more limitations I'm not aware of?

www.elproducts.com

vasi

Guru

Posted: 04:06pm 22 Aug 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No, no prices leaked. Even the final Atmel Arm Cortex microcontroller used on board is secret . The community is a little upset about all the delays and the lack of information. From the three boards presented in that Atmel document, only two are today on the market, the WiFi shield (69 euro, with AVR32 on board) just recently appeared. With the pressure from Microchip with their Chipkit boards, I expect from Atmel and Arduino team to do the job right (software and hardware). Of course, PIC32 is faster but I expect some other benefits as a balance.

If you are happy with XC8 compiler as it is, then is ok. I was spoiled by Jalv2 with almost all pic microcontrollers supported (up to PIC18), no limitations and very small code size. An open-source XC8 compiler will help in many ways but I guess a closed one with no limitations will be good enough.

[quote]Are there more limitations I'm not aware of? [/quote]
Considering that XC8 means also hitech picc, then it will be good to compare the compilation results between hitech picc and XC8 to figure out the improvements done by Microchip (I'm sure there are some). Maybe you did some evaluations with Chipino board?Edited by vasi 2012-08-24
Beyound Arduino Lang

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024