Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:21 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : (MM-DM) PACMAN

donmck

Guru

Posted: 09:12pm 26 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Re-creating PACMAN on the Maximite.

For those that buy Silicon Chip Magazine, this months issue, July 2012, page 8, Nick Marentes did a little mailbag writeup on his PACMAN creation, and provided download and info links, plus a little insight to the game and the MaxiMite.

Don...

https://www.32v8.com/1

Nick

Guru

Posted: 01:35pm 27 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Unfortunately, they didn't include the screenshot that I provided.

I really do wish they would devote a monthly column to the Maximite. As an Aussie electronics magazine, they should support and help promote an Aussie product like the Maximite.

I'll send them an e-mail and offer my services.

Nick

donmck

Guru

Posted: 02:23pm 27 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nick said   Unfortunately, they didn't include the screenshot that I provided.

I really do wish they would devote a monthly column to the Maximite. As an Aussie electronics magazine, they should support and help promote an Aussie product like the Maximite.

I'll send them an e-mail and offer my services.

Nick

I know the screen shot would have given the story a lot more momentum. Shame they didn't print it.

I'm sure it you wanted to use the applications that Tsvetan of Olimex provided for the DuinoMite, he would be willing to allow them to be re-printed. I'll ask him if you like. He was churning them out at a rate of one every couple of days at one stage.

Of course they were written on a DuinoMite, but I would doubt that any of them were DuinoMite specific, and all should run on the MaxiMite.

Good luck with it Nick.

Don...
https://www.32v8.com/1

Nick

Guru

Posted: 03:28pm 27 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, although it would be a Maximite column, it should also cater for all the compatible units (anything that runs MMBasic).

Nick

Bugs2

Posted: 05:33am 28 Jun 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

How about submitting articles to the US based Nuts & Volts and servo magazine? I had material published by them in the past and they are pretty good at printing just what you give them without heavy handed editing. Not sure about circulation figures but probably larger than SC.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024