Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:20 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Overheating Pic32

Page 2 of 2    
shoebuckle

Posted: 04:45pm 30 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

shoebuckle said  So what is happening? I haven't used the MM for a while and have made no changes so it has to be something external. The only difference I can see is the warmer weather. I will have to get out the freezer can again and see if there is a component which doesn't like winter.

Well, I have frozen everything in sight, both individually and collectively, including the connectors and PC board, and I cannot induce the shimmer under MMBasic v4.1. Wooohooo!

But why? Quite honestly, until it returns, I don't care. The analogue clock, which used to shiver and shake after a few seconds, has been running faultlessly for several hours.

C'est la vie! Murphy is alive an well! (But did you know that the saying has been falsely attributed to Murphy? It was another of the same name!)

Hugh

ajkw

Posted: 06:10pm 30 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Mick, however I've been in the shed with a really good magnifying lens and very clean soldering iron and have managed to clean some of the mess and have got USB going.

This means I have now updated to 4.1 and yes it is stable thus far also like Hughs' unit, none of my usual tricks can force the shimmer and it is warm enough also.

Cheers,
Anthony.

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024