Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:18 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : SD Card Problem

Page 3 of 3    
Zougie

Posted: 11:38am 04 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Johan, Great to hear that you were able to resolve the very same issue that I came across. I think the trick is to make sure that the bit configuration is as per the UBW32 native bootloader and it should come to life once programmed.
Cheers,
George

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 08:12pm 04 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Zougie said   I think the trick is to make sure that the bit configuration is as per the UBW32 native bootloader and it should come to life once programmed.

Not that I know a lot about the config bits but isnt the reason that Pin(1) wont work on the UBW32 (with native bootloader) to do with the `config bits' or is it some code in the bootloader itself? I do know that it is because the UBW32 sets B5 - pin(1) to be used as VbusOn..

If you set the config bits the same as the UBW32 native dont you run the risk of this or other incompatibilities?

Regards,

Mick

Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

Wajkaj

Posted: 10:51pm 04 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mick,

I just changed adresses 1FC0_2FF8 so that Value becomes FF600DD8 and left the other bits untouched.
I thought that in the original CCM bootlader VbusOn was set different.
Will check the CMM bootloader file again when i am at home tonight.

Johan.
Started with LNW80.

Wajkaj

Posted: 05:50am 05 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mick,

I have it checked;

UBW32 config-bits
FUSBIDIO USB USID Selection Controlled by the USB Module
FVBUSONIO USB VBUS ON Selection Controlled the USB Module

CMM config-bits
FUSBIDIO USB USID Selection Controlled by Port Function
FVBUSONIO USB VBUS ON Selection Controlled by Port Function

So, i think what i did, will not give me any problems.
Tested all I/O including Pin 1 and it can work as an input and as an output.

Time will tell.

Regards,
Johan
Started with LNW80.

Zougie

Posted: 12:12am 06 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I too have found that all 10 a/d inputs work now as expected since changing the configuration bits as per the UBW32 bootloader settings in MPLAB 8.87. I also recall the clock settings in the configuration bit settings being quite different between the two bootloaders.
I'm just glad that this issue is pretty much behind us and we can use that naughty pin1.
Cheers,
George

Zougie

Posted: 06:30pm 07 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Guys, I've just taken some screen shots of MPLBAB 8.87 comparing bit configs of both the Maximite V4.0 color w/bootloader firmware and UBW32 native bootloader.

Below is the screenshot of the MMBasic 4.0 w/bootlaoder bit configs I have previously tried which resulted in a non runner PIC:

And here is the UBW32 native bit config which did work, but resulted in the non functional pin 1:

Appologies if the quality isn't perfect, it should be readable though.

Cheers,
George

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 10:23am 21 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi George, Johan and others,

I have just hit the same problem with a UBW32, It appears that the oscillator settings on some UBW32's are not working, I have emailed Geoff and he has responded with....

"Both modes should be the same except that HS mode should be more forgiving of lower performing oscillators. But maybe it is over driving the crystal on the UBW32 board."

SO I gather that some batches of PIC32's or the XTALs differ in some way..

Anyway the fix (Thanks George, Johan and Geoff) is to load them automatically (the default) then uncheck the and change the "configuration bits set in code" check box and make the changes as per this PDF (see red section) You should see that adress 1FC0_2FF8 has becomes FF600DDB.

2012-11-21_202453_UBW_Config_bits.pdf

Regards,

Mick
Edited by bigmik 2012-11-22
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024