Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:31 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Adding CAN to CGCOLORMAX

Page 5 of 5    
CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 05:29am 10 Apr 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

panky said   Hi Rob,

Received my CGCOLORMAX2 today - thanks - looks great and am looking forward to using it in anger.

That made me laugh!

panky said  
Couple of questions - is there a circuit diagram available? Couldn't find one one your web site and I note an interesting post circuit board production mod on the rs-232 chip and a flying pin:-)

Also, as part of the circuit diagram, do you show the chips and other components etc to fill out CAN, rs-485 and so on?

Regards,
Doug.

PS. Great case.

No circuit diagram yet. I'll need to capture one in different software.

The flying pin is a bit embarrassing. It wasn't a layout error, but an error in the package prior to layout. Normally that DIP package is not stuffed, but since there was that error, it was better to make that mod and stuff it.

I should put together something showing the chip stuffing. I'm open to any questions you might have that I can answer here.

Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 10:42am 11 Apr 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I should note that there are partial circuit diagrams in the Beginning Maximite book that you can download. Look under "Interface Circuits (CGCOLORMAX2)" for everything you need with the exception of a picture of parts soldered in place.

Beginning Maximite

And the FAQ section talks about the chips.Edited by CircuitGizmos 2013-04-12
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

Page 5 of 5    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024