Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:43 04 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Free C++ compiler for PIC32

vasi

Guru

Posted: 09:08pm 15 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

:) Guys, you have to read this:

[quote=Elektor]

Microchip Technology has announced a free C++ compiler with unlimited code generation capabilities: MPLAB XC32++ Compiler (Free version), which supports all their 32-bit PIC32 microcontrollers. The compiler enables designers to develop and re-use C++ or mixed C/C++ projects in the MPLAB XC32 environment and makes all of Microchip’s C language extensions available. It is compatible with most C++98 and C++2003 ANSI standards. The compiler also includes Dinkumware standard C, C++ and template libraries.

The free version of the MPLAB XC32++ Compiler is available for download now. It has no time or memory limits, and it can be used in commercial applications. Users who need best-in-class optimisation or a network server license can opt for one of the paid versions: MPLAB XC32++ PRO Workstation Licence or MPLAB XC32++ PRO Network Server Licence. Existing licensees of Microchip’s MPLAB XC32 compilers can add the XC32++ option at an additional charge.

[/quote]

Still no full optimizations for it... so it is still restricted.

Edited by vasi 2012-11-17
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

djuqa

Guru

Posted: 10:25pm 15 Nov 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Woohoo
VK4MU MicroController Units

JakeStew

Posted: 12:19am 02 Dec 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

In my PIC projects the PRO mode with full optimizations have always produced only tiny improvements.

If you write decent code there's not going to be hardly any improvements with the PRO mode. 1-3% just isn't worth the price they're asking, so why worry about it?

There's a 60 day free trial of the pro mode, so this is really as free as you can get. With the several computers I use I can switch to pro mode whenever I want if I ever thought I needed it. With 60 days each x 3 computers I can have 6 months of pro mode, but I haven't found the need yet.

-Jake

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024