Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:21 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : (MM) Commands without the quotes...

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 09:36pm 04 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello everyone.

I find that from MMBASIC version 4.1, the nice feature of not needing the quotes on filenames etc in the command prompt is great, but there are some exceptions where this simply does not work.

Using the set of files in the library, I can select any directory that does not have anything OTHER then standard letters, such as MAXMAN without quotes, but I cannot with any directory that has anything different.

For example:

chdir maxman works fine, but chdir analog~1 does not.
If I put the latter in quotes then it DOES work: chdir "analog~1"

Is this known about?Edited by Grogster 2013-01-06
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 10:47pm 04 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

From the help file:

Quote  Whenever specified a file name can be a string constant (ie, enclosed in double quotes) or a string variable.
This means you must use double quotes if you are directly specifying a file name. Eg, KILL "TEST.BAS".
However, quote marks are optional if the command is used at the command prompt. Note that symbols (such
as +, -, *) and valid keywords in an unquoted file name will cause an error. Quotes are always required if the
command is used within a program.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 10:58pm 04 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

AHH - OK.

Thanks.

Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024