Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:57 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : loading an image

palcal

Guru

Posted: 10:00pm 19 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Trying to upload an image. Paceman advised to click on the left hand tree but it asks me for a web address. What am I doing wrong.
Paul.

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

MOBI
Guru

Posted: 10:26pm 19 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You need the right hand tree with the up arrow.

PS. I just noticed you come from Rooty Hill,,, my wife's family come from Penfold St Rooty Hill. Go there fairly often.Edited by MOBI 2013-01-21
David M.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:33pm 19 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thats right, left hand tree asks you for a link to the image. Use this if the image is already on this forum, or somewhere else on the internet.

Right hand tree lets you upload an image from your computer.

See http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/help.asp#FAQ19

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

palcal

Guru

Posted: 10:42pm 19 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mobi
I know Penfold St well, I live in Labrador St. Have done for 40 yrs. But just sold and am building a house just north of Townsville by the beach. Going in 4 weeks.
Will see if I can upload the image. I did try what you say and only a link appeared on my post so I didn't send it.
Paul.
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

MOBI
Guru

Posted: 12:02am 20 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  I did try what you say and only a link appeared on my post so I didn't send it.

On your "post reply" page, you only get a link to your image, not the actual image itself.

If you click the preview post button at the bottom, you should see your image if it is uploaded. If so, then go ahead and "post"
David M.

paceman
Guru

Posted: 01:13am 20 Jan 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

palcal said   Trying to upload an image. Paceman advised to click on the left hand tree but it asks me for a web address. What am I doing wrong.
Paul.

Sorry Paul, I got that back-to-front but looks like you've got it sorted now.
Greg

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024