Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:39 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Playmod only plays one pattern of sample

MM_Wombat

Posted: 10:31pm 28 Mar 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Don't know if this is a bug in the playmod code.

Created a mod file. 1 sample is 128k( max for mod files)

plays for 2 patterns/sequences in openMPT, but when loaded onto the CMM/UBW32 playmod only plays the first pattern/sequence.

It does loop, but only after playing the second pattern with no sample...

Regards Dennis

Black eyed peas.. lets get it started..2013-03-29_082958_t2.zip
Keep plugging away, it is fun learning
But can be expensive (if you keep blowing things up).

Maximite, ColourMaximite, MM+

Juri74

Posted: 03:48am 29 Mar 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hello Dennis,
i don't know if it could be useful, but i tried your mod file in my pc deliplayer, it plays for about 15.5 seconds then it mute until it reach 19 seconds and then it restart...

Juri

cosmic frog

Posted: 12:21pm 29 Mar 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It looks to be playing as it should. The track ends and then plays from the begining with a gap of a few seconds, this is happening because that's how the track has been put down.
I would suggest making smaller samples every four beats instead of just one big sample, and placing them on the tracker in the right place.
Having just one big sample seems to be problem here.

MM_Wombat

Posted: 05:28pm 29 Mar 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

To all,

I know it plays ok on the pc, it doesn't on my cmm ubw32.

The max sample size for .mod files , is 128k. not 64k...

I know how a tracker works, I used octamed on my amiga 1200 ,32mb fast ram, with 50 MHz 68030 mongoose accelerator and ferret scsi controller (4x250Mb). I know someone who wrote trackers for the amiga..

On the cmm ubw32 it only plays for 6-8 seconds and yes, starts again after 19 seconds.

If the cmm plays the .mod format, then it should play ok..

Obviously having one big sample of 128k leaves no room for any other samples, but it should still work. the sample is 8 bit, mono...

I am not disputing that this is not how to write tracker .mod files, but that the CMM doesn't follow the .mod format fully..

I may have a sample of voice that goes over the 64 entries allowed per pattern/sequence. IT WILL BE Truncated...

Regards Dennis

robert.rozee
Guru

Posted: 04:22am 30 Mar 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Juri74 said   hello Dennis,
i don't know if it could be useful, but i tried your mod file in my pc deliplayer, it plays for about 15.5 seconds then it mute until it reach 19 seconds and then it restart...

Juri

VLC (under windows) also just plays for around 15 seconds, then silence.

Juri74

Posted: 06:39am 30 Mar 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would try to reduce the sample to 64k (mantaining the sample pitch&duration) this because it's not true that cmm/ubw32 play only the first pattern, i reduced your mod to only 1 pattern (with a command F20 in the first line and then a D00 at the 30th line) but it stop playng about at half, so i suppose that cmm/ubw32 only support 64k samples. the sample editor in openmpt is not powerful enought to do a downsample mantaining the pitch&duration of the sample itself, so i cant try this test.

Juri

MM_Wombat

Posted: 09:46pm 30 Mar 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@ Juri74

Thanks for your feedback, but I didn't assume that playmod was stopping at the first pattern. Obviously it is the length of the sample.

I did not try this to create a .mod piece of music, but to test the playmod command.

Maybe Geoff could add in the manual---- samples <64k but I suppose that is a given...

if you want to create a song..

Sound effects would be a lot smaller and would be no problem for the playmod command..

Beta testing is so much fun...

Regards Dennis

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024